Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw it at the chevy area they had set up along with a couple of camaros, new impala and some other stuff. It was nice to actually see it but i was not impress. I like that there putting a 415 hp LS motor in it but the looks of it just seems dated. Compared to whats out right now im not really happy on how it looks. I gotta couple of pics ill try to post...

·
Registered
996 Posts
I think it looked alright. I think with a few minor exterior changes it will look pretty good.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It does look a little dated but the seats are SUPER comfortable compared to the old G8 seats.
I hope we'll be able to sit in it at the NYIAS.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunatly all the pics are on my phone and my computer is down atm to transfer them. For 400+ hp youd think it would look sporty-ier, it almost kinda looks like a base model style of car...actually looks real similar to the new impala. From what i saw on the seats (windows were tinted and doors locked) it looks like there are 2 vent peices, one on each side of the seat..near like where your shoulders would be and they looked chrome..that kinda looked cheesy and hopefully there not plastic.

I mean granted the only interchangable peice for our cars looks like the lower ground effects under the doors...i just think the styling could of had more sharp squarish edges like the styling of todays vehicles. I like the front grill, tail lights look bland, and the rims wwere "ok".

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I liked it better than I thought.... I thought I hated it from the pics...

yea I agree it should look more bad ass than the reserved look it has.... maybe they will do a body kit... ???

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was dropping off a car at our local Chevy dealer last night for a state inspection. On the way out I ask one of the salesman about the SS he said " they wouldn't have one to sell for a long time" with a sad face.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Who's gonna be first to do the seat mod? :D

I think it will be a special day for me when I can experience an SS for the first time...

·
Registered
3,466 Posts

I think it will be a special day for me when I can experience an SS for the first time...
If they don't cost an arm and a leg I'd love to have those seats.

·
Registered
468 Posts

I think those seats will be the single most useful mod from that car as long as they slide right in. Will also be looking at some take-off rims as those should be a good value for perfect fit staggered setup.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts

That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. They better have Red/Black seats the bolt right in!

I actually like the G8 seats personally.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I think those seats will be the single most useful mod from that car as long as they slide right in. Will also be looking at some take-off rims as those should be a good value for perfect fit staggered setup.
They may be forged as well. An owner on the other board bought the Holden ones and they were 24LBS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts