Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running the Superchips 93 rotofab tune for years at this point. Since years have past I now have a local shop that does custom tuning. They seem to be very reputable and they have done about 5 G8Gt's putting most of them at 12.8 with the tune being the only mod. My only mods are rotofab and solo axel back with mid muffler delete (xpipe). Will it be worth the couple of hundred dollars to go this route? I may add headers in the future and I know I must go with a custom tune then, but will I see improvement now by just changing to a real tune?

Thank you for any feedback. I have tried searching track times and suck, but I have not had much success.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Seeing that you can sell a Cortex on here for $220-$260 you will offset your custom tuning costs no problem. Most reputable speed shops take care of their customers and can tweak your tune at little to no cost when you upgrade to more bolt ons.

So yes, I think its worth it in the long term.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Seeing that you can sell a Cortex on here for $220-$260 you will offset your custom tuning costs no problem. Most reputable speed shops take care of their customers and can tweak your tune at little to no cost when you upgrade to more bolt ons.

So yes, I think its worth it in the long term.
this, absolutely this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would assume I would see some improvement due to the fact it was tuned specifically to my car. I am sure I will add things here and there in the future. I have had the car for 4 years and I have enjoyed it with the current setup, but I feel it is time to add a little more. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Custom tune for your car will always trump a canned tune, no matter how good that canned tune may be.

Also, they can help dial in the car exactly the way you like it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I am hoping for. I think the superchips is a great product and I have been happy with it. The custom tune will hopefully give me the driveability SC has given me with 25% torque management with a little more power.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've debated that a few times. I was leaning toward the Doug Thorley headers, but I have not made up my mind. I want something I can keep cats on. If I go with headers, I am getting rid of my Solo axel backs and putting stock mufflers back on. We are expecting our first child soon and I don't want it too loud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts