Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watch out for this PH# and email address. Google search will show you multiple forums this person has gotten people. Only a matter of time before they are caught but to prevent someone else from getting nabbed.

[email protected]
412-419-1165
Cash App user ID $adaniev007

other sites show different email address used with the same PH#. (Paypal and also Zelle were used from different sites)

I had a WTB add looking for fuel lines. The owner of the car just passed away and I'm only trying to find a part that is discontinued to help out.

This person, or someone else, sent a PM to alert me of someone selling the part. Being new to this forum I didn't catch the person who sent me the PM was also new. I know, red flag.

I also sent a message to the admin of the forums to share and hopefully help prevent this person from getting more peeps.

Best wishes to everyone in these unfortunate times!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this was the "donor" car that the part was coming from....perhaps someone here will know who's car this is/was.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
387 Posts
That car was on e-repairable for sale just a few days ago, Texas location if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Thanks for passing on the information.

Reactions: passnu2

·
Registered
909 Posts
watch out for this PH# and email address. Google search will show you multiple forums this person has gotten people. Only a matter of time before they are caught but to prevent someone else from getting nabbed.

[email protected]
412-419-1165
Cash App user ID $adaniev007

other sites show different email address used with the same PH#. (Paypal and also Zelle were used from different sites)

I had a WTB add looking for fuel lines. The owner of the car just passed away and I'm only trying to find a part that is discontinued to help out.

This person, or someone else, sent a PM to alert me of someone selling the part. Being new to this forum I didn't catch the person who sent me the PM was also new. I know, red flag.

I also sent a message to the admin of the forums to share and hopefully help prevent this person from getting more peeps.

Best wishes to everyone in these unfortunate times!
Hope you get a bit of solace from this. I bet he didn't have a normal sleep last night!
I have yet to hear a final reply. Weird, since he was so into replying asap yesterday.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
This may be part of the same scam.
I just had this new member "andrewsteven366" (27mins new) contact me about a third party non-member selling a longtube setup.
The person to contact is [email protected]
Ok,
Its all making sense now. I had a member contact me re a pig tail connection I was looking for. I contacted the " lead " I was given. He wanted $100.00 for a used coolant temp sensor . I told him " uh...no ". Common theme? Fairly new member via a WTB ad. A referral to a contact.with a Gmail account , in Texas. This must be a new scam trending. At the time I asked the " lead" if he accepted Paypal, He replied " no", . and wanted to use some other payment platform. Gave a weird excuse why he didnt use paypal. This was a month or two ago,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Unfortunately, the forum appears to attract quite a few scammers or at the very least suspicious threads/posts. If someone contacts you directly in lieu of making a post on the thread or has a recently opened account, it could be a red flag. Would never deal with a third party nor middleman and $100 for a coolant temperature pigtail is laughable. Awhile ago, was contacted regarding used G8 head-units and stated they had several for sale. Inquired about seeing pictures of the various units and never heard back... go figure. Be sure to report the user or post by left-clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right. Select report. Enter a reason(s). Click send report. Unsure how/if the feature works on a cellular phone.

Reactions: IcudahadaG8

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately, the forum appears to attract quite a few scammers or at the very least suspicious threads/posts. If someone contacts you directly in lieu of making a post on the thread or has a recently opened account, it could be a red flag. Would never deal with a third party nor middleman and $100 for a coolant temperature pigtail is laughable. Awhile ago, was contacted regarding used G8 head-units and stated they had several for sale. Inquired about seeing pictures of the various units and never heard back... go figure. Be sure to report the user or post by left-clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right. Select report. Enter a reason(s). Click send report. Unsure how/if the feature works on a cellular phone.

Yeah, sadly I had a feeling. The first pic this "person" sent was the wrong part. Once the money was sent I had no replies and then we started with the BS replies when I asked for tracking. I was even asked to send more money! I was told their father just passed away and they used all the money to pay for a funeral. Said if I sent more money they would get it shipped! I asked for their address to send arrangements and went along with the BS replies but all I got was the CashApp user name again. Again they asked for more money! Said that would be best and help out more. This person, or group, will go down. I'm sure they will enjoy getting used as a puppet in prison. Someone needs a new "toy"

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Have heard of Cash App, but never used it. Is there a way to dispute a payment, file a claim, or something similar?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have heard of Cash App, but never used it. Is there a way to dispute a payment, file a claim, or something similar?
My first time using it. Definitely not one of the easier ones, I went to the financial institution and filed a report and shared documentation of everything. They have attorneys sitting around right now with COVID so I'm sure they're excited to have something to work on ;-)

I won't use it again. First/last time using that app.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did request a refund, screenshot shows they declined it. Shows the cashapp user name associated with them.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Understand diversifying your portfolio, but why in the world would an electronics store have fuel lines for a Pontiac G8? Presume such was discovered after the fact. Don't feel too bad, was scammed once online using ApplePay? to purchase items that were never sent. Less than $30, but still.

Reactions: GXP25
1 - 20 of 29 Posts