Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello G8 forum,

As you guys can see from my title I am looking for some scratch cleaning/fixing products and the best techniques to get out scratches.

The other night I was sat relaxing watching TV when My G8 alarm started ringing away. As you would, I go up went outside seen nothing in site, switched off the alarm and continued to watch TV. Yesterday I went to the store for some groceries and on my way out to get back into my G8 there, I noticed a scratch down the passenger side door. It could have happened either while I was shopping or the night before when the alarm started, I personally think the night before. It is 100% a key scratch I don't think there is anything else that would cause this kind of damage. Not happy is an understatement.

Now, this is where I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I don't mind doing a little work on my vehicles but I am no mechanic so a good step by step would be needed. I am looking for the best product and Technique possible. I have searched online at places like this http://www.used.forsale/australia/sydney and I know there are things like T-cut on the market but we all know that the best products are always hidden.

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and getting this scratch sorted out. If it comes to it I will visit the spray shop and bite the bullet but also I will be installing CCTV around my house just in case this happens again.

if there is any other information that you guys need please let me know and I will get it added on ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I have used use Nufinish Scratch Doctor and recently brought Meguiar's Scratch X2.0, they work OK for small surface scratches and swirls but by the look of that gouge your probably looking at a professional repair.
Not happy....I'd have lost my mind....
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will go give YouTube a check now and see what I can find on there. I will be back soon hopefully with some good answers.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If you can get your finger nail to catch in the groove, you are definitely going to need touch up paint. Especially with the what looks like a heart shaped chip.

If you have never done any kind of rotary buffing or wet sanding before, I'd say take it to a reputable detail or body shop. Let them give it a try.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
If you can get your finger nail to catch in the groove, you are definitely going to need touch up paint. Especially with the what looks like a heart shaped chip.

If you have never done any kind of rotary buffing or wet sanding before, I'd say take it to a reputable detail or body shop. Let them give it a try.
This!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts