Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock 2.92 gear
Drag Pack
Stock converter
Vararam CAI w/4"maf LS7 card
Ported heads/intake/tb
221/225 Lunati DoD cam 1.7 stock rockers
1 3/4" Pacesetter headers
Stock exhaust w/2 1/2" magnaflow Tru-x Muffler in the place of Stock mid-muffler and resonators. (mufflers removed for some of the runs at the track)
TR6 plugs
Modified stock thermostat to run at 176-180*F
shift points are 6800-6500
DoD is still functional
DA -323 11.84 @122.08 1.95 60ft:secret: one nasty little sleeper...
idles at 650 with a little lope, not much.

Suppose to be a mild street car with a little "extra"

The 12.09 @117.22 was the first pass that I made as soon as I got to the track. Stock G8 mufflers, stock 19" with 245's. Could have tried to make a few more passes to see it it would break 11's in street trim but the track was busy and didn't think I would have enough time so the Street ET's, front skinnes got installed and stock mufflers removed.

I would have never of guessed it would have gone this fast before putting it together:eek:hsnap1:, but now that it is, it sure will hurt some feelings....:boink:

Attachments

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Very nice! Did Troy reach his goals last night?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ripping out my seats and ordering a vararam as I type this lol...good stuff as always Rick thats crazy from a dod cam!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm gonna plan on a setup similar to that Rick. Except I'm gonna have you spec me a non DoD cam. I'll have full exhaust though. Nice To know that I will be around those numbers someday. Need to get in touch with you soon about a tune.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Speechless.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's crazy fast.
Rick I need a new cam and a convertor!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Two words: NUCKING FUTS

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Troy ran good but didn't get to improve on his previous best. This is a good pass of both of us running side by side. Troy is Left lane, I am running right.

John, I hear ya! I would have never guessed a small cam would run this good. I have alwayed preach "small" cam but this takes the cake.....:nuts:

" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
">
" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I uploaded most of the passes we made last night so you can watch them if you dig thru my videos. Troy ran a best of 11.56 @120. Still flying in my book. Just need to see if I can find a way to get it out of the hole just a hair faster. It cut 1.70's all night but has been 1.67. I'll have to steal his car for a weekend sometime and see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Stock 2.92 gear
Drag Pack
Stock converter
Vararam CAI w/4"maf LS7 card
Ported heads/intake/tb
221/225 Lunati DoD cam 1.7 stock rockers
1 3/4" Pacesetter headers
Stock exhaust w/2 1/2" magnaflow Tru-x Muffler in the place of Stock mid-muffler and resonators. (mufflers removed for some of the runs at the track)
TR6 plugs
Modified stock thermostat to run at 176-180*F
shift points are 6800-6500
DoD is still functional
DA -323 11.84 @122.08 1.95 60ft:secret: one nasty little sleeper...
idles at 650 with a little lope, not much.

now that it is, it sure will hurt some feelings....:boink:
So what is in the Drag Pack?

What does the 4"maf LS7 card do for you?

Your next trick on my car may have to be a Rick C spec'ed Cam!

Would you use the same cam with 1.85 rockers?

My wife is going to kill me, LOL.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Rick definitely have the H/C/I L76 combo figured out. all his cars with full treatment are at least in the 119-122mph area with small cams.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
uber jealous

·
Registered
544 Posts
Its true! I seenz it! :)

Truth be told....I actually have the largest Rick spec'd cam and still rather small compared to other cams ls motors seem to run.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Damn, those times are mean, glad I'm getting the RC treatment the end of this month!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, you're building some awesome rides that put down some amazing times!! Great work once again Rick!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts