Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Not too much, not what you wanted to hear I'm sure.
I haven't tuned my V6 but from what I've read on this board the Overkill Tune or Superchips seem to be the tunes of choice.
Then its the old standbys, CAI, headers/exhaust, larger throttle body/injectors, Mace intake spacers/Mace plenum.
You may get 30-40 more HP out of that V6.
If you want bang for your buck go find a primo V8, more bang for the buck moding a 6.0L.
My .02 FWIW, others will have a different opinion.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks but would you have any suggestions on what exhaust to get for my v6 one that doesn't sound like a ricer... I hate drone..

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Not really, I've left my V6 bone stock, Solo makes an exhaust for our V6's that apparently sound not bad.
Owners have gone with Solo axle backs, some have done straight pipes, added x pipes etc.
Search would be your friend here as owners have posted sound bites of they're exhausts on here.
Les and Christojesus have probably done more to they're V6's than anyone, look for they're posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, I've left my V6 bone stock, Solo makes an exhaust for our V6's that apparently sound not bad.
Owners have gone with Solo axle backs, some have done straight pipes, added x pipes etc.
Search would be your friend here as owners have posted sound bites of they're exhausts on here.
Les and Christojesus have probably done more to they're V6's than anyone, look for they're posts

Thanks for your help I'll check them out I just found a x pipe DIY on here...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Check eBay for the Solo V6 exhaust, I've seen it on here.
I've never found an exhaust that did IT for me, I don't want to seem like a dream killer or the likes but if your looking for rumble you need those two extra cylinders.
Last good sounding V6 was the old Buick 3.8's IMHO.
You could go to twin tips on the mufflers, have to swap out the rear diffuser for a GT or GXP model to allow for the larger tips, that was one option I could have lived with until I decided to leave it stock.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went with a Magnaflow True X muffler/pipe and Magnaflow axle back exhaust with dual tips. They are made for the GT but it works just fine for the V6 and sounds damn good.

I also added a K&N cold air intake and a catch can and then had it tuned. Huge difference. I would guess that all the mods and tune added 30-50 hp. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts