Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't I search forums?

connection to sphinx03:3312 failed (errno=0, msg=php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Lately, the search function seems to be somewhat finicky by periodically working. Noticed the issue shortly after the security upgrade which might be coincidental.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Admin,
Tried clicking on the link you provided but does not load. So I went through a few things that I thought I'd put in this thread instead.
From left to right: The HOME, FORUMS, ACTIVE and NEW POSTS button all light up and take you to the respective page. The GALLERY button lights up but comes back with a 404 ERROR. The GARAGE button lights up and works but the TOOLS button lights up but does not take you anywhere and not even an error shows up. Both the INSURANCE and ADVERTISERS buttons work correctly. I do keep getting a box opening across the bottom saying ONLY SECURE CONTENT SHOWN and get an occasional LONG RUNNING SCRIPT at the same place.
I'm using an older computer that has Win7 Home Premium that's all up to date with drivers, cache, history purged, security etc. I am on Internet Explorer only because when I try and launch on Chrome I get a warning that the site is not safe due to CERTIFICATES. I'm using Bell Hi-Speed with the latest equipment since I just upgraded my connection a couple of months ago.
I've also found that this is one of the few sites that causes my comp to slow significantly, but with all the good stuff here I wait patiently, refresh the page or log out and then back in with various degrees of success in all three operations.
I can't even post this as a quick reply by just hitting submit, I have to go to advanced and then hit submit. I don't know what else I can do at my end.
Any suggestion from you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
better to let google search the forum. much better.

Put whatever you are looking for here site:g8board.com

For example

kooks header diy site:g8board.com

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
i get the same error trying to find threads i posted it, when clicking "find more posts by xxx"

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Seems to be a re-occurring theme and the thread might be moved to the G8 Board Site Issue Forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts