Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the buckle type that is used for the rear seat belts in our G8s?

I often need to chauffeur my three kids via two booster seats and a full child seat, which are a tight fit in the back. I would like to add some short seat belt extenders for the older two to help them with buckling up, but there are numerous different buckle types. Has anyone else looked into this?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
GM does sell seat belt extensions.
My father needed them as his dexterity declined in his eighties. He had a Buick Lacrosse.
They are stock male/female ends that add another 6-10 inches of length to the stock belt. Can't remember if they are adjustable or not.
Only drawback is the buckles are rather large and cumbersome so don't know if it would be the best for car seats.
Probably going down to Mommy's house on Sun will take a pic and post(try to post).

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The trouble is that there are different types that look almost identical, but differ sometimes on the order of hundredths of an inch and affect compatibility. There are a lot of different variations, so I'm looking to confirm whether they're Type A, Type B, etc.

In terms of the extension length, I don't need a lot. The aftermarket ones seem to have options on the length, but I don't want to chance it in terms of type compatibility.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I did the same thing for my kids' booster seats. I just searched "G8 seatbelt extender" on Amazon and found what I was looking for. I think there were a couple choices and I got the longer ones and they work well. Searching just now, there are soft and now rigid versions. Rigid ones might be easier to work with, depending on your booster seats. I don't remember seeing those before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts