Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm new to the fold, and haven't taken delivery of my G8 yet but I hope to next week :) On that note, I'm hoping you guys can help me figure some stuff out. I'm located in the Seattle Area (downtown).

1)Where are you taking your cars for warranty/service work and what has your experience been with that dealership?

2)Do you have mods (hardcore ones such as headers or a cam?)

3)Any places I should stay away from?

Looking forward to meeting you all in person! Cheers!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Welcome Syd! There is some help for you at the local PNW G8 Club that also runs a small forum (www.pnwg8.com). Plenty of info there on the Seattle G8 scene. Hope to see you soon!

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
1)Where are you taking your cars for warranty/service work and what has your experience been with that dealership?

Kirkland Buick/GMC - My car has been damaged by them (or the tow truck company - still unsure). They do decent warranty work.

2)Do you have mods (hardcore ones such as headers or a cam?)

In my sig and they still work on my car.

3)Any places I should stay away from?

I had one bad experience, front bumper cracked, rim damaged... Neither tow truck (GM's warranty towing) nor the dealership owned up. However, I was outside of my warranty and the dealership still worked on my car with-in the warranty because of my previous experience .. and the work was about 2K in work.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I recommend Gamblin Motors in Enumclaw. I know it's a bit of a drive for you, but I live in Olympia and it's an hour drive for me to get there, but it's worth it. I even have a dealership about 1/4 mile from my house, but I'm willing to drive there for their service. I haven't been there in awhile though and I think their management has changed so I'm not 100% if you'll still get great service.
I took my car there because I had the transmission shift flare issue and when I took my car there, they told me they couldn't replicate the problem, but figured since I was willing to drive an hour to have them look at it that I wasn't lying so they fixed it anyway and gave me a free loaner car for 3 days while they were working on it. I know one guy named Brian who just moved to NC had taken his car in there because he needed his lower control arms replaced and they replaced his under warranty and his G8 was supercharged and lowered with Shocks/Struts/Springs.
Just a thought even it's a long drive. I think some people have said good things about Clyde Revord Motors and they might be closer to you.
BTW welcome to the club.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Ask for Jordon Morrissey in service at Gamblin if you choose to go there. He's a good kid, tell him Mike and John told you to ask for him!:wink2:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is all great advice. I finally got the car last night and the love story is being written as we speak. Such a shame that this car isn't still being sold for civilian use in the U.S. any longer. I'm optimistic that I will be able to find mechanics that are familiar with it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts