Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished changing the alternator, battery has a full charge. The security light on the dash is on and the key is stuck in the ignition. /No power except that little light, help please? 2008 Pontiac g8 gt

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Hope you changed that Alternator WITH the battery disconnected. Way to easy to short out that alternator power lead during the R&R of that unit. If everything was reconnected correctly, (an your positive you did not create a dead short (sparks galore), For starters, I would tell you to verify that that you have battery voltage at the the underhood jump post to ground, as well as that same voltage showing up at the underhood fuse box battery power stud (which powers up almost all things in the car. If no power at the fuse box, you could have blown the inline fuse link heading down towards the Alternator. Based on what you say in your next post might indicate what has gone wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
help! I'm having the same issue. key is stuck in the ignition and security lockout active. I have no power! I have changed the battery still nothing. only fuseable link I see is the one back by the battery on the positive post. is there another useable link somewhere?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
doughd24
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing