Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you have been waiting for this data; so have we as many of us here own G8's! We are also working to get you guys and gals data broken out by Transmission/Roof/Interior Color/Tires for the GXP's as well as that will be what people really look for in the future as these undoubtedly become a collectable as the last and most Powerful Pontiac.

The good news is Sellers and Sellers Auto Sport will be around to help you guys keep these vehicles in tip-top shape as well as make them faster for many more years to come!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Thank you very much for posting this! Yes the transmission breakdowns will be very interesting.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
So I guess this includes both 2009 and 2009.5 models?

EDIT: What a minute, 1829 for the GXP? I thought this whole time it was 1828???

·
Registered
204 Posts
what color was the last unit?
Look at the press reviews, I would guess that it is a GM press pool car that will eventually be sold thru GM's internal auction, although it may be destined for the GM collection or some other similar fate. Could even have been a salt spray test car for that matter, or something worse.

During my time at another major automaker, as a young engineer, I had the (dis)pleasure of driving a number of cars that enthusiasts would kill for on their last run to the crusher....you just never know what an automaker will for with what they build.

·
Registered
218 Posts
man that makes me want a gxp even more so rare only 1828 :(
yeah, this might turn out to be something like the last of the bad ass cars in 1970 before everything went to ****. 1800 isn't very many at all.

·
Registered
998 Posts
That many silver GXPs and I still haven't seen one with a later VIN than my 11676. They must have built all/most of them during the early part of the run.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
So the total G8 production run for the two years was 38,449 including nonsaleable units.

27,071 cars sold as of 6/1/09 so less than 11,378 remain.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have they all hit dealers lots? Has there really been 56 SBM GXP's sold? Ok, I guess there are a few A6's still out there but not many.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Have they all hit dealers lots? Has there really been 56 SBM GXP's sold? Ok, I guess there are a few A6's still out there but not many.
That's not Sold, that's PRODUCED! 56 SBM GXPs Produced.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My car is 1 of ???

Does anyone have access to a detail data base of options for each of the colors produced??
I'd like to know how many of the 1,111 SBM GT's had full options?​

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's not Sold, that's PRODUCED! 56 SBM GXPs Produced.
I fully understand what it is. But what I'm saying is I've been watching GMbuypower.com and searching all over very closely and I would be surprised if 50 (or so) had already sold in SBM. There's around 10 left right now (in A6 form). I'm sure a number of them were sold before they hit the ground and were only listed on GMbuypower.com for a couple of days but I still have to think that more are inbound to dealers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess the good news is I won't be passing myself every day. Only 56 is not very many SBM GXP's. I guess I better keep all of the stock parts just in case.

Thanks for posting the info!

1 - 20 of 232 Posts