Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd like to see a breakout with interior color. Onyx/red seem to be pretty rare.
I noticed that. My dealer (Conklin/Fangman in Kansas City) had two GT's exactly alike (I bought one of them on June 4th) and they both had the onyx/red interior. Besides those, I hadn't seen any locally. I really liked the look with White Hot exterior :)

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
1828 Salable units... Last unit isnt for sale ;) Yes that's for 09 and 09.5
So where does the last unit go? So does this mean that we should refer to the GXPs as "1of 1828" or "1 of 1829" produced? I'm asking b/c I'm going to put the number indiscretely on my license plate.

·
Looking To Steal A G8
55 Posts
does anyone have the numbers of # of m6 gxp's made? i feel like the m6 is gonna be rediculously hard to find, and even harder to find a good price on one in a couple years

·
Registered
373 Posts
does anyone have the numbers of # of m6 gxp's made? i feel like the m6 is gonna be rediculously hard to find, and even harder to find a good price on one in a couple years
It will be interesting to see a breakdown. I know locally I saw six GXPs at our dealer and all were M6. You are most likely correct on the prices staying up on any GXP and not just the M6.

Chip

·
Former G8 GT owner
1,209 Posts
can't wait to see entire break down, options, interior color, etc.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know there is one liquid red GXP in Northwest Arkansas..I crossed paths with it in my lowly sport red GT in a wal mart parking lot of all places lol.

I waved.....He didnt.... GXP drivers are A-holes.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Actually no. I gauk and wave every time I see any G8. Noone has waved back yet though. I love these cars. I wish I had one of each color in my garage except for SRM... no offense.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Another intresting fact: 04-06 GTO production figures 40,808 Our G8s are rarer than GTOs

·
Registered
526 Posts
Fun with math.

The contiguous lower-48 United States is 3,119,884.69 square miles according to Wikipedia. Of that 2,959,064.44 is land. That means in the wild there is 1,222.75 square miles for each 2009 White Hot G8 GT.

Ya I know I left out Alaska and Hawaii but that would blow out the math in a vast area that has minimal roads.

·
Registered
526 Posts
26,404 total for 2009.

But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

·
A V8 life...
488 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, Just got me a G8 gxp... and found your forum,, bought 7/17/09 ... Silver with onyx ..auto...sunroof.... Vin 18731... Is this a 09 or 09.5 .. Thx

·
Registered
246 Posts
All GXP's are 09.5's

·
Banned
148 Posts
That many silver GXPs and I still haven't seen one with a later VIN than my 11676. They must have built all/most of them during the early part of the run.
Last 6 on my silver GXP: 318723. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the paint order. I dunno much about the manufacturing process, but you would think it would make sense to do all one color, then when that's done, switch to another, rather than paint one black, the next one white, the next one gray, then back to black, etc.

By the way, I see your sig says your car is "de-badged." How did you debadge the pontiac logo off the front of the car without leaving ugly holes? It seems to be drilled into the body, unlike all the other logos/lettering which are just glued.

21 - 40 of 232 Posts