Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually no. I gauk and wave every time I see any G8. Noone has waved back yet though. I love these cars. I wish I had one of each color in my garage except for SRM... no offense.
I have a Jeep Wrangler and guys are always waving at you (mostly older modified Wranglers). One Sunday 3 waves.....by the forth I was tired of waving back.....it's a Jeep thing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
By the way, I see your sig says your car is "de-badged." How did you debadge the pontiac logo off the front of the car without leaving ugly holes? It seems to be drilled into the body, unlike all the other logos/lettering which are just glued.
My car is only partially debadged... the arrowheads are still in place. I like the arrowheads and the fender GXP logos, so I've left them be.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah, it would be great to see a chart for the '08's broken down like the one Sellers Auto Sport did for the '09s. Maybe one of the dealers could secure this info from GM to supplement what G8Nation provided to come up with a division between the base and GT model.

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
Yeah, it would be great to see a chart for the '08's broken down like the one Sellers Auto Sport did for the '09s. Maybe one of the dealers could secure this info from GM to supplement what G8Nation provided to come up with a division between the base and GT model.
^ What he said!

·
E-rock
146 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of the approximate percent of GXP's that were 6 speed manuals?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ask and you shall receive!

Gentlemen, behold, 2008 Pontiac G8 production numbers!!!

• Panther Black (80U): 28.8% / 3,469
  • Liquid Red (62U): 20.1% / 2,421
  • Magnetic Gray (18U): 20.0% / 2,409
  • White Hot (11U): 18.4% / 2,216
  • Ignition Orange (77U): 7.7% / 927
  • Stealth Blue (25U): 4.9% / 590
Sorry, all I have is colors. I don't have V6 versus V8. So the total is 12,045 units in the 2008 model year.

By these numbers a 2008 Stealth Blue is as rare as rare gets.

From 2008 to 2009.5 Panther Black becomes the most common color by a landslide, close to 1/3 of production.

http://www.g8nation.com/tag/2008-pontiac-g8/

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of the approximate percent of GXP's that were 6 speed manuals?
This is a question that is still open to some debate, in fact alot of debate. I have been doing manual tracking of GXPs on this board, and others, to try to determine this, and I am coming up with different numbers than I expected. I have tracked nearly 15% of all GXPs built, and right now I am showing about a 60% manual/40% automatic split. Based on cars in present inventory though, I think this ratio will turn around to be 60% automatic/40% manual. If that occurs, then there will have been about 750 manuals produced.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Jeep Wrangler and guys are always waving at you (mostly older modified Wranglers). One Sunday 3 waves.....by the forth I was tired of waving back.....it's a Jeep thing.
Ah, its an automotive thing. LandCruiser owners always wave to each other.

I wave to G8 owners in my GXP.

·
Lone Star State
212 Posts
G8 GXP's last month of production

Does anyone know the last month the G8 GXP was produced?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does anyone have access to a detail data base of options for each of the colors produced??
I'd like to know how many of the 1,111 SBM GT's had full options?​
... There's at least two of us!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Does anyone know the last month the G8 GXP was produced?
I believe that production ceased in April or early May. The last cars built see to have VINs in the 320xxx range. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I believe that production ceased in April or early May. The last cars built see to have VINs in the 320xxx range. Hope that helps.
IIRC the MGM one I almost bought had a 321xxx VIN and it was made in February 2009. I believe I saw a couple of slightly higher vins but I would have to think they were made around the same time.

I believe there was someone that claimed to have an April 28 made car but I'm wondering if 4/28 refers to the ship date. Would be curious what that vin was.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
My VIN ends in 321020, and has a built date of 02/09. I haven;t seen a higher VIN than that, but have no doubt there is at least one out there...no way I am lucky enough to have the last one built, just the last SBM sold.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
So there will be NO G8's made for the 2010 model year? 2009.5 is the last of them. Is that right?

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
The orange GXP was the prototype showed when the GXP was announced and never sold to the public, at least not the way it was displayed.

41 - 60 of 232 Posts