Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Lingenfelter Trans Am Concept wasn't the only TA on display at the 2009 SEMA Show, with Kevin Morgan Designs debuting its version of the iconic car. Based on a slightly more modern interpretation of the Trans Am, the Kevin Morgan car takes its cues from the 1977-'78 model and is based on the all-new 2010 Camaro.

The car certainly looks aggressive with a low slung front air dam and a massive gold Screamin' Chicken on the hood. And of course, there's a big ducktail spoiler and a stylish set of golf mesh wheels.

The team even went so far as to built a classic Pontiac logo into the car's new front end.

On the whole, we like it more than the Lingenfelter design, although the gold interior accents are definitely excessive.

Kevin Morgan Designs has announced a deal with the Trans Am Depot and is expected to start offering the Phoenix Trans Am conversion in the near future.

For more check out AutoGuide's live SEMA Show coverage here!

More: SEMA 2009: Kevin Morgan Designs Trans Am Makes Official Debut on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
177 Posts
G8 Influence

I like how they have the steering wheel from the G8 in this car as well as what looks like the lower valance honeycomb grilles. Pretty sharp looking car.

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
I'm not feeling that design. The whole back end looks like it was designed with their eyes closed. It just doesn't flow. The design as a whole is just way too busy for my taste.

·
Former G8 GT owner
1,209 Posts
yeah the rear is a bit much.. But overall I think they did a good job.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Much nicer than the lingenfelter like was said earlier. It is a little busy but I kinda like it.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
That rear wing/spoiler thingy needs to be reduced in size by at least 50%, but only if they want to be taken seriously. As is, its perfect for a boy racer (ricer). Exhaust tips appear to be simple downward bent tube, hardly keeping with current styles, but is in keeping with what the original was like. I like the front a lot more than the Limpfinger. A good blend of the old and new. And of course, something needs to be done about the interior, (on both of them) especially the dash. The more I see that interior, the more I dislike it. Too bad GM doesn't have enough insight, and a styling department, to come up with something like this! Oh, but that's right,......I'm just an enthusiast. We don't count for anything! Its the "average citizen" that matters today! You know, the ones that buy all the cheap "crap boxes"!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the thing fails on design in the rear end. It looks like all the best designs were used up and then wham the rear gets what's left over. Not impressed with it from the rear. The front and all looks awesome though. Right on the mark with the 78 design.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with everyone. I hate the backend.
The back end design is like WTF happened. :barf:
The car looks great until you get to the trunklid. They must have taken design lessons from GM designers. :( They get most of it right, then they halfass something to upset the balance and flow of the design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts