Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On display at the Nitto tires booth at the 2009 SEMA Show is a modern interpretation of the Pontiac Trans Am. Based on a 2010 Camaro, the car was designed and built by the Corvette and Chevy tuning experts at Lingenfelter. The car takes cues from the 1971 second-gen TA and so in order to stay faithful to that car Lingenfelter decided to equip it with a 445 cubic inch V8 engine. That engine, claims Lingenfelter, makes a whopping 655-hp!

The car will also sports a duck-tail spoiler, fender vents, a twin-port front grille, 20-inch honeycomb wheels and the obligatory screamin' chicken (although it is rather small). There's even a retro-styled interior with a blue dash and blue leather, stitched in bars on the seats – just like the old days.

Called the Lingenfeler LTA (Lingenfelter Trans Am) Concept the car is a one-off, but there is certain to be huge demand for the car – especially considering the popularity of the new Camaro – so a limited number of production models is a definite possibility.

For more check out AutoGuide's live SEMA Show coverage here!

More: SEMA 2009: Lingenfelter Trans Am Debuts in Vegas on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
576 Posts
Should have based it off the '69 T/A instead of a '71 since that's the era of the new Camaro is from.

·
I chase paper!!!
1,130 Posts
Without pontiac, this is nothing more than a mere appearance package, aside from the more powerful engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Without pontiac, this is nothing more than a mere appearance package, aside from the more powerful engine.
Not really. It starts with a shared GM chassis just like the old Camero's and T/A's did in the past. :) Only thing it will really lack is the arrowhead.

I'm sure the interest level will be there for them to take a serious look at moving forward with it. The Honeycombs look a little odd since they are so hugh but the interior seating and coloring it about as close to the original as you could get.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Man that's sweet....wish i had the dough so i can play with the big boys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts