Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lexani has some killer wheels. Several months ago, I went to KC Trends in Kansas City. I put the LSS-5 and the LSS-10 up against my Sport Red Metallic G8 GT. Got to tell you: THEY BOTH LOOK AWESOME! (Even without mixing up the options of having painted spokes, lips, and/or rings - or going staggered.) I have pictures, but my camera is at work right now.

LSS-10: Extremely classy, yet still sporty. Makes the G8 look even more like a Lexus (I've seen pictures of it on a Lexus, a Chrysler 300C, and a Mercedes).

LSS-5: Extremely sporty, yet still classy. Makes the G8 look ever more aggressive than it already is. "Bad-ass" comes to mind!

I stood 30 feet away from my car looking at each wheel, back and forth, for probably 15 minutes. They both look so good, and the sport factor and class factor of both are so high, that it's really hard to decide which is the better wheel. Since I think the G8 form is inherently sporty -- with angular lines, flared fenders, launching stance with lines rising from front to back, not to mention other features -- I'm leaning toward the LSS-5, especially in my SRM. But the LSS-10 would look awesome too, especially on a PBM, MGM, or MSM.

BTW, I think the LX-6, LX-10 and LX-15 would also look great on a G8.

Lexani: do you have any pictures of these wheels -- especially the LSS-5 and LSS-10 -- on a G8?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a search of the forum, and the only picture I could find with a G8 with a Lexani wheel is shown below -- which is actually either a Holden Commodore, or a G8 with conversion trim.

So, you can see who awesome the LSS-5 wheels look!! Even from only this angle. For me, I would probably not go staggered, and just do 20".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lexani has some killer wheels. Several months ago, I went to KC Trends in Kansas City. I put the LSS-5 and the LSS-10 up against my Sport Red Metallic G8 GT. Got to tell you: THEY BOTH LOOK AWESOME! (Even without mixing up the options of having painted spokes, lips, and/or rings - or going staggered.) I have pictures, but my camera is at work right now.

LSS-10: Extremely classy, yet still sporty. Makes the G8 look even more like a Lexus (I've seen pictures of it on a Lexus, a Chrysler 300C, and a Mercedes).

LSS-5: Extremely sporty, yet still classy. Makes the G8 look ever more aggressive than it already is. "Bad-ass" comes to mind!

I stood 30 feet away from my car looking at each wheel, back and forth, for probably 15 minutes. They both look so good, and the sport factor and class factor of both are so high, that it's really hard to decide which is the better wheel. Since I think the G8 form is inherently sporty -- with angular lines, flared fenders, launching stance with lines rising from front to back, not to mention other features -- I'm leaning toward the LSS-5, especially in my SRM. But the LSS-10 would look awesome too, especially on a PBM, MGM, or MSM.

BTW, I think the LX-6, LX-10 and LX-15 would also look great on a G8.

Lexani: do you have any pictures of these wheels -- especially the LSS-5 and LSS-10 -- on a G8?

After looking at a million wheels, I decided to go with the LSS-10. Problem is I want to go staggered, and the 10" wide wheel only comes in a 35MM offset. From everything I have read I need at least a 45MM offset for a 10" wide wheel on the rear. What size wheel did you try on your car? Do you still have the pics, if so can you post?

·
Registered
378 Posts
just need to roll your fender, if you not planning on lowering...but honestly i wont go 35mm bc i cant lower my car without widening my fenders...which im going to do.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After looking at a million wheels, I decided to go with the LSS-10. Problem is I want to go staggered, and the 10" wide wheel only comes in a 35MM offset. From everything I have read I need at least a 45MM offset for a 10" wide wheel on the rear. What size wheel did you try on your car? Do you still have the pics, if so can you post?
I never had the wheels mounted on the car. I just put them up against my current wheels. I also didn't get detailed enough to check the details like the offset, and I have not bought any aftermarket wheels (yet??). You'll need to post pictures of yours once mounted. I'm sure it will look great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I never had the wheels mounted on the car. I just put them up against my current wheels. I also didn't get detailed enough to check the details like the offset, and I have not bought any aftermarket wheels (yet??). You'll need to post pictures of yours once mounted. I'm sure it will look great.
It turns out you can get the Lexani's with a 45MM offset. I ordered the wheels yesterday and I post pics as soon as I get them mounted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It turns out you can get the Lexani's with a 45MM offset. I ordered the wheels yesterday and I post pics as soon as I get them mounted.
Any pics yet??

I'm about to order my set, LSS-8. What did you end up paying? I'm getting them thru Discount Tire, they quoted me what I think is a good price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any pics yet??

I'm about to order my set, LSS-8. What did you end up paying? I'm getting them thru Discount Tire, they quoted me what I think is a good price.
I don't have the wheels yet, they should be here by the end of the week. I ended up paying $2,500 shipped to my house with tires mounted and balanced, lugs, and TPMS on 20x8.5 with 245's for the front, and 20x10 with 275's for the rear. I will post pics when I get them mounted up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thats a good price, who did you use to buy them? I was quoted $2700, that included swapping over my sensors and warranty on all tires(Falkens) or $2900(Nitto Invos). Id prefer new sensor and not break down the stockers. I also got a quote for 2350 but they were going with some cheaper brand tires and swapping the sensors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have the wheels yet, they should be here by the end of the week. I ended up paying $2,500 shipped to my house with tires mounted and balanced, lugs, and TPMS on 20x8.5 with 245's for the front, and 20x10 with 275's for the rear. I will post pics when I get them mounted up.

Here is a cheap cell phone photo. I will post more pics later.

·
Registered
17 Posts

here is a pic with the new wheels

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looking great!!
Maybe lowering springs to finish it off? But yeah they go great with the chrome and the panther black.

-kalveer

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

here is a pic with the new wheels
See what I'm talking about??!!! Your car looks AWESOME!! The silver finish of the wheels matches the chrome window surround and actually makes the chrome window surround look right, as opposed to out of place (like so many others think). The black-painted sides of the spokes make the silver finish just pop. And the rivets add a perfect amount punch without being too much bling. Seeing the LSS-10 on your PBM makes me want them on my SRM, then I swing back to the LSS-5 again. I tend to think the LSS-10 looks slightly better on the PBM and the LSS-5 looks slightly beter on the SRM.

·
Registered
17 Posts
See what I'm talking about??!!! Your car looks AWESOME!! The silver finish of the wheels matches the chrome window surround and actually makes the chrome window surround look right, as opposed to out of place (like so many others think). The black-painted sides of the spokes make the silver finish just pop. And the rivets add a perfect amount punch without being too much bling. Seeing the LSS-10 on your PBM makes me want them on my SRM, then I swing back to the LSS-5 again. I tend to think the LSS-10 looks slightly better on the PBM and the LSS-5 looks slightly beter on the SRM.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts