Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g8 gt is popping up the service vehicle soon with the car and a wrench and also my ac wont turn on any ideas ?? Ive tried disconnecting the battery checked all fuses but that light stays there wont turn off but the car drives fine

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is the check engine light on? Even if not you need to check for codes. There could be dozens of combinations of issues at play there. Check the computer with a good scanner that checks all system modules for codes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the check engine light on? Even if not you need to check for codes. There could be dozens of combinations of issues at play there. Check the computer with a good scanner that checks all system modules for codes.
The service vehicle pops up even with just turning the key ober with out starting the car and yes ima have to look for a mechanic with a good machine to look for codes

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
The manual says you would get that display in the DIC when the car has reached a certain odometer value. It does this to tell you that some type of service is required (I have no idea what type of service would be required or requested). The service reset procedure is done by the following >>>. "Press an hold the trip button while turning on the ignition, then release the trip button". When I do this to my car is says "no items". Yours may display some type of mileage information. Whatever ----- Now press an hold the enter switch for 3 to 5 seconds (left scroll wheel). This action forces a reset of the "Service Reminder Display" You should get a conformation beep when doing this as an indication of a successful reset. IF the service reminder display comes back on with the next ignition cycle, the reset procedure needs to be tried again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The manual says you would get that display in the DIC when the car has reached a certain odometer value. It does this to tell you that some type of service is required (I have no idea what type of service would be required or requested). The service reset procedure is done by the following >>>. "Press an hold the trip button while turning on the ignition, then release the trip button". When I do this to my car is says "no items". Yours may display some type of mileage information. Whatever ----- Now press an hold the enter switch for 3 to 5 seconds (left scroll wheel). This action forces a reset of the "Service Reminder Display" You should get a conformation beep when doing this as an indication of a successful reset. IF the service reminder display comes back on with the next ignition cycle, the reset procedure needs to be tried again.
When i do that it shows no items and i try doing the left scroll button to reset it and nothing happens the light remains on i tried disconnecting the battery for an hr or two and nothing as soon as i put the key ignition into acc it pops up and the ac wont turn on when i start the car but when i take off the hvac batt fuse the service vehicle soon light turns off but no air is blown through the vents so i have no clue on what it could be

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
You confused me with that last portion of your post ^^^^^^ "As soon as I put the key ignition into acc it pops up and the ac wont turn on when I start the car but when I take off the hvac batt fuse the service vehicle soon light turns off but no air is blown through the vents" What do you mean with the wording "hvac batt fuse" ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i put the key and turn it without starting the car the service vehicle light shows up and the wording hvac batt fuse thats what its written on the fuse box under the hood

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Makes it kinda read like if a certain type of body related faut code condition exists, it will not only display the car an spanner wrench symbol, but will point to the system that appears to be causing the problem in the first place (in the DIC). If that is so, you have found yet another one of those "did you know your car will do this" conditions. Whether that fuse is installed or removed, you are saying your AC is inop ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes it kinda read like if a certain type of body related faut code condition exists, it will not only display the car an spanner wrench symbol, but will point to the system that appears to be causing the problem in the first place (in the DIC). If that is so, you have found yet another one of those "did you know your car will do this" conditions. Whether that fuse is installed or removed, you are saying your AC is inop ?
Everything works it just doesnt ingage the ac it says ac off the car runs perfect just that problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
My g8 gt is popping up the service vehicle soon with the car and a wrench and also my ac wont turn on any ideas ?? Ive tried disconnecting the battery checked all fuses but that light stays there wont turn off but the car drives fine
Try pulling the fuse (even if it’s good) in the box under the front hood. Pul the fuse, start the car, turn the car off, put the fuse back in. See if that resets the AC. Good luck !

·
Registered
40 Posts
When mine did these a number of years ago, it was because I'd taken a rock to the a/c condenser :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts