Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before working on WOT tuning this weekend.
Question: If I program the LC-1 in AFR as my instructions state 0V=7.35AFR and 5V=22.39AFR will I have an issue trying to use the Histogram #11 that everyone uses for WOT tuning?
I mean the title is "MAF error lambda" Seems there is a disconnect here between AFR and Lambda.

Or does the AFR that is being read at the wide band get bounced against the command AFR 12.5 in my case resulting in a % error which is being labeled as lambda in histogram #11?

I wish I could see what histogram #11 looks like. I currently cant see it because I don't have pids set up, which is because I don't have the LC-1 installed/programmed yet. Jeez I need a beer.

Oh yeah, lastly I was planning on using a fuse tap for my 12V power. Any issues with this? I know it's not directly from the battery but I figured it's good enough.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Fuse tap is good enough. I think you will need to change to lambda for the histogram to work but what do I know. I still haven't for that histo working myself. Good luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
Post your config please

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?42750-Setting-up-LC1-for-WOT-tuning&p=320185#post320185

I don't have the ability to attach anything on this forum so this will have to do. Or at least I can't find my paperclip...

Right now I'm at the point where I need to program the LC-1 for WB output for both analog outputs 1 and 2. Ill be running the second to a gauge at some point.

I just need to know the best way to set up the slops etc. AFR like I've seen done...OR lambda?
I only have a config file for lambda...seems to be popular.
setting up LC-1 in Lambda :eek2:

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
If you're using my custom config, histo11 is setup to display lambda, but it can be setup to display afr or any other custom value. All histogram have properties that allow them to display data. Look at the properties of the histogram and also the aux inputs to understand the formulas. Its very simple really.

What's afr or lambda error? Its just the difference between actual afr/lambda (as displayed by your wb) vs commanded afr/lambda. Look at the pids/histo properties and you'll realize how they interact together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
And yes, lambda is so simple to use is not even funny. You just have to get used to it. Afr is only important for the afr cell in the calibration, lambda is much easier to use, once you get past the idea that most wb are setup in afr. Program them to display lambda and your tuning life gets a lot easier :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're using my custom config, histo11 is setup to display lambda, but it can be setup to display afr or any other custom value. All histogram have properties that allow them to display data. Look at the properties of the histogram and also the aux inputs to understand the formulas. Its very simple really.
Well I got the config file from a different person on the HPtuners site, but I think it's just like the one you use. Might even be yours. As far as looking at properties, are you talking about the histogram configuration under histogram settings? Because that section is basically blank for me because I don't have my WB set up yet. I think it will make more sense when I set up the WB. I dont think I have pids either in this config.

What's afr or lambda error? Its just the difference between actual afr/lambda (as displayed by your wb) vs commanded afr/lambda. Look at the pids/histo properties and you'll realize how they interact together.
Yeah I kinda understand the diference thing it's just I hada feeling that if I set up my WB to output voltages relative to AFR and my commanded fuel (which I think is set up to be 1.176 lambda) and then I have a histo that is set to show a delta via lambda. I just knew it would be a problem.

So even thought the commanded AFR table in HPtuners is set up to have lambda displayed, a histo can be set up for AFR and commanded AFR data will be pulled from the ECM? Or would that table have to me modified? This is just a question for my edification. I don't intent to do this.

Thank you for your response. I will be working on setting up this WB tomorrow most likely..

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Yes commanded afr comes from the pcm, mainly from the afr fuel cell in the calibration. If the 1st cell is 14.68, then commanded afr as displayed in the scanner is also 14.68. This is what you change when you tune for e10 or e85. I believe there is also commanded lambda pid which should be 1. In my config commanded lambda is simply commanded afr / whatever I have in the 1st cell in the calibration. Makes it easier for me to define whatever gas I pump in my tune calcs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, So I have HPtuners reading my AFR through my WB in lambda down in the custom input EIO (or whatever it's called)
But I can't get histogram 11 to work. I know I'm missing a pid I just need to know what pids are required to support histo 11.
I have the WB afr in that bottom section of the table display does in need to be up in the main area?
MAF is already up on the left as a parameter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took a pic of the table display and hist configuration for hist 11. I'm sure something needs to be added to the table and the histo config is def. wrong.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
You need to plot the Lambda error PID, you're trying to plot 02 sensor ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vs MAF table

Lambda Error custom formula

And what the custom pids means

Commanded Lambda custom

Pid 6001 for commanded lambda custom

If you wanted to use AFR error instead of lambda error, just pick the afr error PID, should be defined in the pid list, if not, here you have the formula

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No i wasn't trying to plot O2 sensor.. I was just messing around to get the histo to give me something.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that I read your post... I guess I need to make a pid. I figured that. Looks like a pia. lol

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Yep that should do it. you need a custom PID for Lambda Error and another for commanded lambda.

In essence, AFR/Lambda Error = 100 x (afr or lambda actual - afr commanded or lambda commanded) / afr commanded or lambda commanded.

commanded lambda = afr commanded / afr first cell calibration (normally 14.68)

Translated to HPT PID's

Lambda Error: 100*([SENS.119]-[USER.9004])/[USER.9004] (user.xxxx is custom defined)
AFR Error: 100*([SENS.120]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Commanded Lambda (user.9004 in my config): [PID.6001]/14.67822

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
?Ok, This is a step in the right direction for sure. My only issue is that I don't have the User [9004] commanded in that list like you do.
I understand the equestion for sure. But if I write the equation without the parameter being in the list.. I'm sure it won't work.
So how do I get the comanded lambda in that list [9004]?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. That last post of yours was not there before I sent my last post. Ok so I need to set that 9004 up too. Let me work....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Commanded Lambda (user.9004 in my config): [PID.6001]/14.67822
Sorry for being a pain but I dont have a pid 6001. Is it called afr commanded? because I only see that on the sensor side.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry found it.. was not in order.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts