Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NorCal
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions for performance shops in the SF East Bay area, Hayward, Union City, Fremont, etc. Thanks in advance!

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
There is Synergy Motorsports in Fremont, and Newtech in Hayward.

Synergy has done a few local G8's. They tend to lean towards the conservative side.

What are you looking to have done?

·
NorCal
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s time for a little exhaust rumble. How do you like your Solo setup? I'm 100% stock, just looking for some tone at idle and when putting the foot in it.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
It’s time for a little exhaust rumble. How do you like your Solo setup? I'm 100% stock, just looking for some tone at idle and when putting the foot in it.
You don't need a shop for that bro. Installing exhuast is a piece of cake on our cars.

I love the sound of my solo. Gets tons of compliments.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I agree don't go to a shop for exaust work it's super easy. They will charge you an arm and a leg. Maybe for headers if your not mechanically inclined. But for cat back literally a monkey can do it. On my side of the bay there is DITTO performance they are pretty good.ast time I was in there they had a twin turbo mustang that was a bad boy. They do a lot of camaros,GTO's, and vettes so they are well respected with the LS engines.

·
NorCal
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. Looking at Solo axelbacks, and you are right, install looks pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yeah u don't even really have to jack it up I hang mine out of the garage and crawl under there and swap them out. 10 mins tops. It just 4 bolts. Good luck and you will love your new found sound. But your MPG will go down. Because your pedal will be going down more to hear the 6.0 sing.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts

·
NorCal
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Installed! :)

Perfect rumble! I don't know why I didn't do this years ago.

And yea, that was easy. Didn't even have to jack the car up on a flat driveway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, I need to do brakes and rotors. Is this an easy install? I did on my 2001 Z06, and didn't find it too difficult. also what to swap out the standard fluid for ATE super blue. I do HPD days, and "oops", got a little fade.

Also thinking of shorty headers, high flow cats, and solo cat back. I am semi mechanically inclined - toughest job I did was replacing the shocks on my Z06. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Sounds like time for another NorCal mod day! The Yeti has done brakes/rotors/suspension... several of us have done header/HF cat installs. Nothing too crazy, but it helps to have an extra set of hands (especially with the some of the bolts and O2 extenders on the HF Cats). Unfortunately my assistance is limited to fetching tools (and water), but I can be there for moral support and runs to the auto parts store.

-Todd...

PS - Sounds like an awesome audio setup! Tube systems have such a nice sound...

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is Synergy Motorsports in Fremont, and Newtech in Hayward.

Synergy has done a few local G8's. They tend to lean towards the conservative side.

What are you looking to have done?
I am looking for a good shop to install a Livernois cam & DoD delete kit. Which one would you suggest Yeti? My problem is that I have trust issues when it comes to my baby. I recently moved from the Bay Area to Fresno but I would be willing to make a trip up there if there is a good shop. Anyone had any engine work done by or experiences with Synergy, Newtech or Ditto?

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
I am looking for a good shop to install a Livernois cam & DoD delete kit. Which one would you suggest Yeti? My problem is that I have trust issues when it comes to my baby. I recently moved from the Bay Area to Fresno but I would be willing to make a trip up there if there is a good shop. Anyone had any engine work done by or experiences with Synergy, Newtech or Ditto?
Pm sent

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
I am looking for a good shop to install a Livernois cam & DoD delete kit.

Anyone had any engine work done by or experiences with Synergy, Newtech or Ditto?
Synergy did all the engine work on my car... heads, DOD cam, etc. I picked-up the car and did my 11,146 mile road trip and only needed to change the oil. As I said earlier in the thread, Synergy is the only place I will take my car.

-Todd...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts