Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i semi finished my cam swap last night, and i was getting impatient ;). So before i bolted my headers to my exhaust or did any remote tuning. I plugged my valley cover in and vroom vroom. :) sounded like a race car with just headers but she just screams!! I had a little issue though, putting my oil stick back in i busted it trying to weave around my slp headers. Let me tell you though it was 2 in the morning woke half the city up :)

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
I know how you feel...the longest part of my cam job was getting the dipstick tube back in!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Written installing the corsa i did the same. Was crazy loud.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I am using the Vms powercal.. the read me ecm worked fine but I could not do the read tcm or the ls scanner both of those would not work... ugh

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So since I couldn't view the ecm/pcm via scanner whats a good way to figure out if I have oil pressure. And how long does it take to start circulating coolant?

·
Registered
545 Posts
As soon as the thermostat gets hot it should be circulating. The first time I had mine apart I just filled it up & no problem. The second time around I got an air pocket, I had to get it hot with the cap on & then shut the car off & then add more coolant. It took me like 2 times of doing this before I even got heat inside the car, then I just drove it & rechecked in the morning & topped it off. Can't help with tuning issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Omfg!!!! So i finally got the g8 ready to run the streets.... let me be blunt **** me its just nasty!!!! I couldn't keep from breaking loose! Wow thumbs up for vector motorsports dod delete package, sounds alot better too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts