Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
08 or 09, makes a difference, I believe.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
2009. The original shift panel should have the part number inscribed on it.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Part number did change , 92224757or 92235390. There are several on eBay.

·
Registered
207 Posts
@GT Drew, thanks to your lead on Ebay, I was finally able to track down the part number for the satin black edition, which I bought from Crazy Paul almost ten years ago. GM 92178910.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Copy and paste the part numbers in the search box on eBay. Was only able to find one result for each part number and coincidentally both are sold be the same seller.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i thought i found one through a member here but it seems that i got burned ,no response since i sent the money,so im looking again

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Username? How was the payment sent? Did they randomly contact you via messaging?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well to clarify i was contacted by a member through messaging that they knew someone that had one for sale,gave me his email address and he said he had it told me how much with shipping sent the money and now no reply at all.So really i was sent to him from someone here through messaging yes.I sent payment paypal friends and family(I know better and have been down the scam road before but he assured me he would not burn me so i was the dumbass that didn't follow my own rules) i do feel that i should give a day or so before i call it a loss,but lets face it,its a loss i'm a realist,and i knew better.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sorry you got burned.
Kindly post all their contact info in the hopes of helping others avoid a similar fate.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
That's rather unfortunate. However, the same person(s) has posted in multiple threads using a variety of email addresses. It's an obvious and poorly orchestrated scam with several red flags. 1. They contacted you unsolicited via messaging without publicly posting on the wanted to buy thread. 2. They're serving as an intermediary connecting people to each other looking to purchase and sell parts 3. IF pictures were provided, it's very likely they were stock images. 4. They requested money be sent via PayPal friends and family. Never send money this way unless it is a verified friend and/or family member. Furthermore, if the supposed seller insists using this method in order to avoid fees and retain a lower purchase price then walk. All they have to do is accept a payment through goods and services and factor the fees into the final cost. Saving a few dollars is certainly not worth the risk. If you still have the messages, report (lower right) the conversation/individual to a moderator or administrator. Be sure to notify PayPal of the incident albeit there is zero recourse paying as a friend or family member. If a credit card was used as the form of payment, contact the card issuer for additional information. Best of fortune going forward.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
everything that you have said is correct, and i knew better i really did. Lesson learned.Im going to give it till Friday and i will post who the person is that actually started the scam as well as the scammer. Hopefully to save others the aggravation.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Can post the information in a separate thread or here ****SCAM ALERT***** for better visibility. Currently, there's a bezel listed (email for price) on GTOG8TA albeit unsure if it's the correct color. :unsure:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i greatly appreciate it but i reached out to them, just like all of the dealerships/gm parts places its discontinued. Seems i broke the only part on the thing that's discontinued

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Not remotely the only discontinued part. Will keep searching and perhaps something will turn up at a salvage yard. :unsure:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check all the salvage yards... when I bought my G8 console for my PPV it had the surround (it was broken and I heaved it), maybe check with either PPV facebook groups and see if anyone has a spare (the PPV is a series 2 car and the bezel won't work without some modifying), or just check with a salvage yard and see if they'll separate. Good luck on the search, sorry to hear about the scammers.

-J

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Inquired with another member and here's the response,
No longer available from Holden, but there are a few floating around out there. SpeedSpares AUS and Holmart still have them, but are very pricey.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
552 Posts
Inquired with another member and here's the response,
SPEED SPARES
As I suggested to him in his other thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts