Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's time to upgrade the shocks and struts, but I'm having a difficult time identifying what is actually on it.

I was told the car was lowered by the dealer (I'm the second owner), but the more I look at it the more I think it's stock. Did Monroe make the stock FE2 Shocks? From what I can tell, it seems to be the stock ride height. Anyone have the part number for FE2 shocks and struts?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
Monroe made the stockers. The difference in height would be from the springs.

How many fingers can you fit in the wheel gap in the rear. If it is four than you are stock height lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Springs are black, and by Yeti's logic it isn't stock ride height then. Any idea who might make the springs?

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
I dunno man. At stock ride hight you could easily fit several fingers in the wheel gap on the rear. With an 1.3 drop i can barely squeeze two fingers in there (thats what she said)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll double check when I get home (I rode my Triumph to work today), but I can get at least 2 or 3 in there. "The more you can get in, the worse it's gonna be"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope not either, especially since I've already lapped Laguna Seca and Buttonwillow (and am going again next month).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gap from the ground to the wheel arch - The tires could use a little air too though.

rears are just under 28" with a full tank of gas (3-4 finger wheel gap, 1/2 worn Michelin PSS, 275/30/20),

fronts are 28" from ground to center of wheel arch (3 Fingers, front tire diameter is slightly bigger - 245/35/20)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.