Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled a P0300 code. G8 GT is running like crap and was wondering if anyone has a shop recommendation that might be close to home in Atlantic County, NJ?

I was just heading out today to pick up a socket to replace the oil pressure sensor as I've recently had a P0523 code. So, when I gave her a little smash on the gas and then felt her running rough, CEL was soon, ESP off message. Pulled over quickly, checked codes on my cortex. Cleared codes. Turned back home and noticed a little smoke as well.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would look up EFX tuning in Lindenwold. Dave and Butch are top notch!!
Thanks! I saw EFX online, there's also Tune Time in Lakewood that's probably about the same distance from me. I don't think I'd feel comfortable driving an hour or so the way it's running now, so I think I'd need it towed. I'm still hoping there might be something closer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you decide to use one of the two shops, I would recommend EFX over TTP. TTP tends to be very expensive. Dave over at EFX will fix your car and dyno/street tune it. Not sure what mods you have, but he was able to get 393RWHP on my buddies G8 with only exhaust and CAI using the stock cam!! He also recently installed my LSA and tuned the car to perfection. Again, highly recommended!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I probably should've gone to efx, with what I ended up spending and not having much confidence in the work that was done. Sucks to spend $3k+ just to trade her in shortly after!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
dcrob
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing