Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Right Kind Of Wrong
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my BBK stainless steel shorty headers from a Chevy Camero, in my G8 6.0 and they fit like a glove no issues what so ever. Sorry if the pics are kind of small.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nice going! I was under the impression that these didnt clear. Glad they worked out for you. Do you have solo high flow cats on em?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
The Right Kind Of Wrong
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked shortys because my wife wouldnt let me buy longtubes LOL but honestly I found these BBK on eBay at a price I couldnt pass up, and eventually I will buy the Solo High flow cats to add to. I have a Corsa catback exhaust.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I heard the same...Our manifolds are pretty decent, it's the pipe reduction from them going into the cats that is the issue....that, and the fact that our exhaust doesn't flow perpendicular to the cat substrate. It hits it an an angle.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Maybe the Camaro's dump into a larger pre-cat area then our G8's?

But I think our pre-cat pipe diameters are 2" with the initial internal reduction ring being 1 3/4".

These would be great with Solo cats, as this would remove all the small neck-down areas and keep it all 2.5". But then, you'd be better off getting Kooks mids for what you'd spend on these BBK's and Solo HFC's.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
:facepalm: the only reason i would ever run a shortie is because i was class racing and that was one of the rules...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts