Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few members have Longtubes on their cars. Has anyone thought of going to the shorty Camaro headers? Not sure if I want longtubes and wasn't sure if anyone might know the fitment of the JBA 3.6 Camaro headers on our g8's? It sure would make a nice christmas present for myself.

·
Registered
456 Posts
No one has gone this route yet. I have my eye on Doug Thorley shorties but haven't been able to come up with the $$$ yet.

They should fit right up with the motor. The questions surround connecting to the cats. I'm sure it won't be a direct fit but nothing a good exhaust shop can't handle.

The advantage is no tuning is required and no O2 extensions are needed as the cats stay where they are. If you opt for high flow cats you might need a tune to get rid of the CEL.

I say go for it!

-Dennis-

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one has gone this route yet. I have my eye on Doug Thorley shorties but haven't been able to come up with the $$$ yet.

They should fit right up with the motor. The questions surround connecting to the cats. I'm sure it won't be a direct fit but nothing a good exhaust shop can't handle.

The advantage is no tuning is required and no O2 extensions are needed as the cats stay where they are. If you opt for high flow cats you might need a tune to get rid of the CEL.

I say go for it!

-Dennis-

I think I'm going to go for it! And the Doug thorley headers seem to have a better sound than the JBA ones i was looking at. I'm going to talk to my shop guy and see what he thinks will be needed to connect to cats, hopefully will have them on by New Years. Hopefully some other members here could decide to go that route too once I find out how hard it is and how it sounds.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think I'm going to go for it! And the Doug thorley headers seem to have a better sound than the JBA ones i was looking at. I'm going to talk to my shop guy and see what he thinks will be needed to connect to cats, hopefully will have them on by New Years. Hopefully some other members here could decide to go that route too once I find out how hard it is and how it sounds.
Can't wait to hear how this sounds...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sub'd! Want to do this as well. Kidhauler, any vids from inside the car? Love the sound of the drive bys, just wondering if you get any drone inside the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So 2010 and 11
6.2 v8 camaro shorty headers will fit our
G8 perfect ?
Bolts up to the stock cats ?
I found some cheap on ebay ...
Just want to be 100% sure

Oh he has a v6 g8 :/

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sub'd! Want to do this as well. Kidhauler, any vids from inside the car? Love the sound of the drive bys, just wondering if you get any drone inside the car.
Sorry, I don't have any in car vids. Just cruising you really can't hear the exhaust much more than stock. I'm still using the stock cans and they quiet everything.

Oh he has a v6 g8 :/
Yes, this is a V6 thread...

-Dennis-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, don't have any in car vids. Just cruising you really can't hear the exhaust much more than stock. I'm still using the stock cans and they quiet everything.

Yes, this is a V6 thread...

-Dennis-
Sweet! Thank you for the input. I like the more aggressive and sound .,

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you don't care about performance just sound maybe go for shory headers but if you looking to get most power that's what I wanted more power so I went with long tube headers

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you don't care about performance just sound maybe go for shory headers but if you looking to get most power that's what I wanted more power so I went with long tube headers
I completely agree with this!

My goal with shorties is to get something that sounds good and doesn't require a tune. I'm happy with the HP #s. If I wasn't then I'd be driving a GT.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alight here's a quick clip of what my current set up is before headers! Might be able to get more clips once i get home from my Christmas Atlanta trip! Set up is in my signature.

http://youtu.be/Hpge1AU9xKI

·
Registered
456 Posts
Finally gave this a listen. Nice burble :)

-Dennis-

·
V6 power
139 Posts
I've got a similar set up.. I got a little more rasp...but m happy...going shorty headers as well , gona be low with h&r springs and I wouldn't want the long tubes to drag over bumps :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i wonder how all of this will hook up with a solo prformance mach shorty cat back.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It should just hook right up. A couple of guys have gone this route with and without headers. Might be some custom piping where it all connects but nothing a good exhaust shop can't handle.

-Dennis-

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
so doug thorley headers for the v8 camaro? or is there a better option with pacesetter? and if i were to run the pacesetters, the 3.6L 2010 camaro headers i believe should be a direct fit to the block?

·
Registered
456 Posts
so doug thorley headers for the v8 camaro? or is there a better option with pacesetter? and if i were to run the pacesetters, the 3.6L 2010 camaro headers i believe should be a direct fit to the block?
No. V8 headers won't fit a V6.
Any headers that will fit a 2010 V6 Camaro will fit out block. Shorties allow you to keep the cats in the stock location. Long tubes require more custom work but better HP gains.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
42 Posts
yea sorry, i have no idea why i said v8 headers haha i had been looking in to these for a while,but v6 camaro headers have a 2 bolt flange and the g8 has a 3 bolt?
No. V8 headers won't fit a V6.
Any headers that will fit a 2010 V6 Camaro will fit out block. Shorties allow you to keep the cats in the stock location. Long tubes require more custom work but better HP gains.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
456 Posts
Lol. ThE 2010 Camaros had the LTT which has the same exhaust setup as our LY7.

-Dennis-

1 - 20 of 31 Posts