Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the warm weather slowing making its way in, I'm in for a busy April
4/13 or 4/14 - Solo performance MR resonators get put on
4/20-4/21 - Car is in shop to FINALLY repair timing chain issue (p008)
4/22- As long as above repairs aren't $1000 over the quoted amount, Overkill tune will be ordered.(shop said they won't do anything til an amount is settled on)
4-27 -30th - Some where in this gap of days, a full detail, top to bottom. Getting to finally test out my GG "6 polisher.

Going to be an exciting, and busy month for my G8.
How about you guys? what do you have planned?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Wow that's busy, I'm getting a full detail done on mine tomorrow. I can't wait to see how she looks after.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's busy, I'm getting a full detail done on mine tomorrow. I can't wait to see how she looks after.
Are you doing it yourself or paying to do it?

Depending on when the tune actually arrives, it will be getting installed some where in April as well.
Ive got to get some of this stuff now while can afford it, my GF is on this "I want a baby" kick right now, and while I'm pretty good at dodging it, I'll eventually lose this battle. Though its been made clear that the G8 will not be getting sold if she got pregnant, further modifications to the car will stop :(

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I'm paying for it, I don't trust myself with the polishing just yet and I would hate to jack my car up.

·
Black Widow
34 Posts
Well with the warm weather slowing making its way in, I'm in for a busy April
4/13 or 4/14 - Solo performance MR resonators get put on
4/20-4/21 - Car is in shop to FINALLY repair timing chain issue (p008)
4/22- As long as above repairs aren't $1000 over the quoted amount, Overkill tune will be ordered.(shop said they won't do anything til an amount is settled on)
4-27 -30th - Some where in this gap of days, a full detail, top to bottom. Getting to finally test out my GG "6 polisher.

Going to be an exciting, and busy month for my G8.
How about you guys? what do you have planned?
Cool dude, lets hope that it is under that amount so, your able to get the tune I highly recommend it. I got mine installed by my self and it was a beach.. No walk. At least for me it said on the instructions that tops its 90 min on changing the tcm but it took me 3 days of leaving it alone and getting it together, but once again Im a dumb ass. I did notice changes right away, gas mileage went up which was highly need and appreciated... I recommend it all around with the upgrades you have you should be good...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 days? Well ****.... I hope it doesn't take me that long lol. I have a few friends that are pretty mechanically savvy, if they aren't busy I'll have them over, have some beers and grill out while we do it.

what was so difficult? Are power gains that noticeable?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the first week of the process is complete!
Solo resonators just got finished being welded in

·
Black Widow
34 Posts
Just frustrating.

3 days? Well ****.... I hope it doesn't take me that long lol. I have a few friends that are pretty mechanically savvy, if they aren't busy I'll have them over, have some beers and grill out while we do it.

what was so difficult? Are power gains that noticeable?
The difficult part for me was removing the blow motor cover and the tcm its self its in side door panel all the way up the back fender. The ecm was real easy to replace and it took me less then 5 min. Getting the cover and everything back together was as complicated to me at least, but every minute was worth it after that smile :thumbsup:. Im looking into ordering the LT pacesetters for the V6 Camaro.

·
Black Widow
34 Posts
What exhaust you go with?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm that make me slightly concerned lol.
And I just added solo resonators to my solo v6 axleback. Exhaust still isn't exactly how I want it a, little raspy for my taste.

So my gf just complained about me spending more money on my car.
Would any body judge me if I ordered the overkill tune but also ordered flowers to be delivered the following day? haha. I mean that's justified right?

·
Registered
214 Posts
And I just added solo resonators to my solo v6 axleback. Exhaust still isn't exactly how I want it a, little raspy for my taste.

Would any body judge me if I ordered the overkill tune but also ordered flowers to be delivered the following day? haha. I mean that's justified right?
Id say that sounds like a plan. Overkill tune is BEAST

·
Black Widow
34 Posts

First you make her happy and send her flowers, then you order the tune and get that installed after you tell her what you've done to the car if she starts to give you any eye rolls and the I just smelled you fart face, then you tell her its made the car quicker and saves you few more bucks to spend on movie night or appetizers on dinner nights... Just tell her expect more flowers.. Bottom line you'll make the two women in your life much happier when you are... :driving:

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Id say that sounds like a plan. Overkill tune is BEAST
Buy the tune, then give her the flowers when the tune arrives,may take some of the crap off you.
On the other hand my wife loves it better with the tune.She enjoys driving it and toying with all the toilets out here in my town.
She knew we were working on it when we built it,and she was like Hmmmm will it shift better?
I said yes and she said take all the time you guys need.
Advantage of having a car girl as my wife. Which helps alot.:wink2:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well picked the car up from getting timing chain taken care of. Halfway home CEL on, scan shows random misfiring. Turned around and dropped it right back off for them to fix it. I'm assuming they mistimed it? Maybe it's something smaller, but waiting to order overkill until it's resolved.
Which should be first thing in the morning as it's waiting for them.
So frustrated right now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well picked the car up from getting timing chain taken care of. Halfway home CEL on, scan shows random misfiring. Turned around and dropped it right back off for them to fix it. I'm assuming they mistimed it? Maybe it's something smaller, but waiting to order overkill until it's resolved.
Which should be first thing in the morning as it's waiting for them.
So frustrated right now.
I understand your frustration. I've been waiting over two weeks to get my car back from a leaking head gasket. Today way the absolute latest it should have been done but my shop told me it was throwing a bunch of timing codes so they need to keep it another half day.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
I understand your frustration. I've been waiting over two weeks to get my car back from a leaking head gasket. Today way the absolute latest it should have been done but my shop told me it was throwing a bunch of timing codes so they need to keep it another half day.
Oh crap. Which head gasket drivers or pass?. How much did that set you back?

·
Registered
214 Posts
My passenger side one but I replaced both and replaced all thesee seals my shop was telling me are recommended to be replaced when a job like this is done. I was quoted around $1850 for everything

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Glad to hear you did both. Runs like a top again eh?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Glad to hear you did both. Runs like a top again eh?
I don't know Yet. It was supposed to be done Wednesday but they said it was throwing a CEL again so they had to take I all apart and inspect each piece again which is where I'm at now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts