Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if I can get some suggestions on this G8 GT I am looking at. The interior is pretty nice except for a small hole in the driver seat and the exterior is very nice, but the real question is about the suspension. The car is being sold by a dealer for $8000 and is "not safe to drive off the lot due to suspension issues". The springs on the struts have some rust on them and I haven't been able to see the underside of the car. The previous owner did some engine mods but the dealership had no idea what he had done to it other than a cold air intake. If anyone has any suggestions or tips on finding a good G8 GT that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Pictures, dealer ad, vin #, some kind of info that can actually help us help you?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Check the Cars for sale thread on this site, should be plenty of GT's on there for sale.
You may have to travel but you will get the history of the car and for the most part a well maintained G8 also.

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
Any more details regarding "not safe to drive off the lot due to suspension issues" as in specifically what is wrong with the vehicle? Pass vehicles everyday unfit/unsafe to be on the road for a variety of reasons.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Went to the dealer's website. This car seems to have lived a strange life. First ownership was brief (15k miles). It was bought by the second owner as a GM CPO which is good. Unfortunately for the new buyer of this car, it seems to have been used as a daily driver in Cinci for 8 years. They have put about 140,000 miles on the car. With that said, it has been serviced only at a GM dealer and on time. Another bad thing about the car is it's accident history. There are 3 incidents reported to CarFax. 2 front end collisions (w/o airbag deployment) and another unspecified incident with damage reported all over the front and roof (possible hail damage?). I would walk away from this one unless you are budgeting for a full suspension refresh, possible rust repair and maybe even an engine refresh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Went to the dealer's website. This car seems to have lived a strange life. First ownership was brief (15k miles). It was bought by the second owner as a GM CPO which is good. Unfortunately for the new buyer of this car, it seems to have been used as a daily driver in Cinci for 8 years. They have put about 140,000 miles on the car. With that said, it has been serviced only at a GM dealer and on time. Another bad thing about the car is it's accident history. There are 3 incidents reported to CarFax. 2 front end collisions (w/o airbag deployment) and another unspecified incident with damage reported all over the front and roof (possible hail damage?). I would walk away from this one unless you are budgeting for a full suspension refresh, possible rust repair and maybe even an engine refresh.
You are a blessing man thank you so much. My father is looking for a replacement car for me since he wants his 300S back and I loved my Grand Prix special edition so I want to find a G8 GT.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You are a blessing man thank you so much. My father is looking for a replacement car for me since he wants his 300S back and I loved my Grand Prix special edition so I want to find a G8 GT.
My pleasure. There's a nice white GXP posted for sale in the classified section. There's also a one owner, low mileage GXP on ebay as well...3 times the price of the one you posted about though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts