Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, so I'm in the market for a daily driver. My previous 3 cars have all been really nice performance vehicles that have also served as my DD. I'm wanting to change that as I'm ready to have a DD that I don't get upset about every scratch and imperfection. I think a high mileage G8 GT might be a great idea if I get it at the right price.

Here's one with 100k miles that may be able to be had for under $15k: http://www.dallasleasereturns.com/web/used/Pontiac-G8-2009-Carrollton-Texas/7075108/
It's missing the engine cover and has a few other normal wear and ter stuff I've noticed. Anything else y'all see wrong with it?

Also, anyone recognize this G8? It's definitely modified so I figured there's a chance the owner was a member here http://www.advantagebmwhouston.com/details/Used+2009+Pontiac+G8+4dr Sdn GT+6G2EC57Y89L202965

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Hell, I'd buy it. 100k is nothing for these cars. The second listing is a bit over priced for the mileage.

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
I bought mine with a100km on it and ended up having the whole front end replaced and
I had to also have the tranny rebuilt a month ago all under warranty
It's a good buy for that price and the warranty 5 yrs or 160000 kms

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If you were closer I would sell you mine for $15,000 or a hair under...mine has 106,000 miles. While you may scoff at first, once you drove it and saw the interior/exterior along w/ the 3" thick file of maintenance/mods I have on it you wouldn't think twice.

My car dynoed the #'s in my sig on a very stingy mustang dyno w/ 98,500 miles on the odometer. Just ask to see any and all service records, when I do go to sell my car privately I feel like I'll instill quite a bit of confidence in the buyer as I've done: shocks/struts, LCA's, front end links, Brakes/lines, headers/catback/intake/tune, tranny flushed twice, diff changed 3x, coolant flushed once, mobil 1 synth every 5-7,000, rotations, 2 sets of tires/rims - etc. etc. etc.

You get the picture. My 106,000 mile G8 may very well be a better performing/more reliable example than many w/ 1/2 the miles simply because I HAVE driven it so much and take care of any thing that comes up (including replacing the driver's side tail light because of moisture buildup inside) - I'm a little nuts!

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
If I was selling mine I would love the road trip. I bought mine almost 130 miles from my house just to get the one I wanted. But from where i live that would be quite a road trip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha Thanks for all the feedback guys! I definitely have confidence in the G8 that they will last...I've never owned/drove a vehicle 'til the end of its life and I think that's what I'm planning on doing with this one.

boston, coincidentally the SRT8 Jeep that I'm driving now is originally from Boston. So, I'm not scared of a little distance to find the car I'm looking for. Heck, I even bought a lightning in california before.

Once the time comes...I may get in touch. Although, I'm not thinking the Jeep is going to sell anytime soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought mine with 69000. Loving it so far. Id say do it

·
218 Posts
I've got 110k on my GXP. No problems at all. I wouldn't think twice about buying a high mileage G8.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 09 at dallas lease returns is sold.It is in very good shape for the mileage.My sis bought it.
Nice! Congrats to her! Man, that thing sold fast...guess I'm going to have to really jump on one when I find it.

Now, just gotta get the jeep sold :gears:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice! Congrats to her! Man, that thing sold fast...guess I'm going to have to really jump on one when I find it.

Now, just gotta get the jeep sold :gears:
It was there less than a week.We had seen one the day before at 20k.She said if i can find one for 15k she would think about it.Low and behold I found one.Lucky for her.

·
OGOC Member
2,601 Posts
To les are you saying the warranty is 5 years 160K?and does it transfer?
yes it does transfer to the new owner because I got all my work done under warranty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, so I'm in the market for a daily driver. My previous 3 cars have all been really nice performance vehicles that have also served as my DD. I'm wanting to change that as I'm ready to have a DD that I don't get upset about every scratch and imperfection. I think a high mileage G8 GT might be a great idea if I get it at the right price.

Here's one with 100k miles that may be able to be had for under $15k: http://www.dallasleasereturns.com/web/used/Pontiac-G8-2009-Carrollton-Texas/7075108/
It's missing the engine cover and has a few other normal wear and ter stuff I've noticed. Anything else y'all see wrong with it?

Also, anyone recognize this G8? It's definitely modified so I figured there's a chance the owner was a member here http://www.advantagebmwhouston.com/details/Used+2009+Pontiac+G8+4dr Sdn GT+6G2EC57Y89L202965

vmorel!

You're friends with Ahmad right? He texted me telling me a friend was trying to get rid of his Jeep and get G8 GT. I bought mine a few weeks ago from Mansfield Auto World. Base model G8 GT no options, had 66k when I bought it and was in pretty good shape, exterior needs some touch up (paint chips, couple of scratches, swirl marks) but the interior is excellent, I ended up paying $17,892 before taxes to give you an idea of what they're worth around here.

Keep us updated on your search man! Maybe we'll run into each other somewhere.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey man! Haha yeah I texted Ahmad yesterday that I was thinking about making the switch, and he told me about you! Crazy coincidence that you just picked one up...also, heard you just got an intake and tune last week. How'd it turn out?? I will definitely be in touch, as those will be happening pretty soon after I find one. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man! Haha yeah I texted Ahmad yesterday that I was thinking about making the switch, and he told me about you! Crazy coincidence that you just picked one up...also, heard you just got an intake and tune last week. How'd it turn out?? I will definitely be in touch, as those will be happening pretty soon after I find one. I'll keep you posted!
Yeah I read this thread earlier today at work. Ahmad texted me a few hours ago, then I came across this thread again and put 2 and 2 together. Intake and tune has worked out pretty good so far. I love that I can actually hear the engine now.

Was tuned by Jason @ Mad Tunes Racing out in Oak Grove, LA. Definitely keep me posted man!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I sent you a pm earlier. I've been talking with G.8.G.T. Since he's close. I was the one who told him about Jason at mad tunes. He's good, he tuned a bone stock g8 and it ran 12.8 at our local track. Keep me posted as well. I'd like to meet with you and him sometime. I've been looking at your jeep for sale since you sent me the link, very tempting to think about. I have always loved them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We should definitely all get together when vmorel finds one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
vmorel1
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing