Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to buy my first G8. I found this Liquid Red 2009 G8 GT with 37k miles for 23,998. The dealer is willing to throw in a set of all season tires (i am in St. Louis so winter driving needs to be considered) and also he will install an axle back exhaust and CAI for FREE since he has the parts from another trade. I am looking for opinions. I love the car and have a hold on it right now, but just can't decide if I am a red car guy. I had my heart set on Black or Stryker Blue

http://www.midwestautopro.net/mobile/mdetails.aspx?VID=150973834

Please HELP!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had the chance to pick up an IOM for 17 and change, but I passed. I ended up driving 4hrs and paying 5K more to get the car I wanted. Unfortunately, I now remember why I cussed every other black car I have owned. If you want it to stay clean leave it covered in the garage! Should have went with the MGM. Oh well, thats what I get for living on a gravel road. IMO hold out for what you really want, you'll be happier in the end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The free axle back exhaust and CAI are a nice selling point for me...lol...oh what to do

·
Registered
151 Posts
What kind of axle back and CAI?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually a good question. The dealer hasn't told me yet. Only thing we've done is negotiated the offer, but he did tell me they were taken off another G8. The dealer is a family friend so I know he is not lying, he just couldn't remember the brands. I'll find out for sure before I pull the trigger

·
Registered
126 Posts
I may be a little biased, LOL, but the LR is a head turner. Black is beautiful, but a ton of work. The Stryker Blue is sharp as well, but the LR will get the most looks IMO! If the history of the car is good and you trust the seller, I would say go for it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wasn't really a bright red person either but after having the G8 for some time I really like how rich the color really is. I usually prefer to have metallic paint but when cleaned up good the Liquid Red really does look "liquid or wet".

The free upgrades are a nice perk. I will say if you are worried about driving in the snow you should get snow tires. St Louis prob has much different winters then us in MI but that was the first thing I did was get a set of 18in wheels and some snow tires from someone on this forum.
Seems like prices are all over the place. I paid about the same exactly two years ago for my 09GT (sport/premium) with 9K miles certified at the dealer. Others paid close to that brand new just a year before I did. I guess the question do you want to take a chance on finding what you really want or jump on this one. The G8 looks great in almost any color my fav is Stryker Blue and Liquid Red (of course)

·
Registered
707 Posts
It looks like a pretty good deal, especial at that price with low mileage. I'd go red, just because I'd like to keep my SBM limited, lol. There is a nice Gxp 6A SBM on another listed post for sale in FL, if you'll spot me the difference I'll sell you mine?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've never been a red car guy either. Currently have a silver Harley and silver Trailblazer, so was looking for a silver G8 also but didn't find anything with mileage and price I wanted. Ended up driving 2 hours north to get a LR that I love. Red/Black combo has become a favorite of mine now and am very pleased with the choice I made.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never been a red car guy either. Currently have a silver Harley and silver Trailblazer, so was looking for a silver G8 also but didn't find anything with mileage and price I wanted. Ended up driving 2 hours north to get a LR that I love. Red/Black combo has become a favorite of mine now and am very pleased with the choice I made.
The red is growing on me everytime I go and look at the car. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who maybe needed a little arm twisting

·
Registered
707 Posts
Check out cars.com I found a SBM 40k Gt premium for $22k at south county dodge and one GT Frontenac Honda unknown which blue with 12k without a price.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to check the one at Frontenac today at lunch. Thanks for the South county option though!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Keep an eye out on craigslist and Jim Butler in Fenton always has a few G8s in their inventory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought one...a PBM 09 G8 GT with only 12k miles! Far cry from liquid red but it had the premium and sports packages so I was sold

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congratulations! Now see if you can pick up the axlebacks and CAI from the other dealer for a good price. Welcome to the family, it's a great place to be.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on the new part time job! Black is beautiful, but..............

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May I just say that I am so happy with this car. I am glad I waited and got the Pacific Slate Metallic.

·
lsgearhead
2,116 Posts
Should have done the red. Guess I'm partial. Congrats on the other color. Have fun

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
locrzng888
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing