Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to buy a g8 gt with 89k miles for 14.5k premium package only. Is this a good deal? Someone please chime in

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kbb for fair condition is 14 and good is 16k

·
Registered
933 Posts
Can you give more background on the car? Is this for sale from a single owner, garage stored, only driven to church on sundays by a 70 year old grandmother or a used car lot in a rough neighborhood where the sales office is in the back of a truck camper with the truck's engine running? ;)

A lot of it depends on what you want to do to the car and if you know it's mechanically sound. Carfax might help uncover anything but not everything has to be reported in some states.

Are you looking at this because of budget or because you don't care about miles?

·
Registered
417 Posts
suggested retail of a 08 is 19,300. I just bought mine a few months ago with 85K on it and sun roof for 17,999 and thought that was a good deal as I haven't seen any under 21 k or so, plus mine came from the dealer with a lifetime powertrain so it helped with easing the higher miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a one owner, non smoker, and belonged to the ex husband lol im going to get a prequal tonight. Has a clean title used for long highway miles. Budget isnt a big deal but im more so looking into getting a good deal and putting money away for mods. Also color is mgm, why would red not be worth it?

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
It's just a joke...for all of the red fan boys who claim it is the fastest color (when everyone knows IOM is fastest!).

Good luck with the purchase.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
That's too much if it's red. Any other color...AWESOME DEAL!!!!!
I agree. Although liquid red is a nice looking red on these g8s I think red is overrated in general and would have been one of my last choices when I was shopping for my G8. No offense to you guys with red cars:wall:

·
Registered
497 Posts
suggested retail of a 08 is 19,300. I just bought mine a few months ago with 85K on it and sun roof for 17,999 and thought that was a good deal as I haven't seen any under 21 k or so, plus mine came from the dealer with a lifetime powertrain so it helped with easing the higher miles.
Sorry but you paid too much. I got mine with 75K miles Prem. Package garaged and 1 owner for $14K.

OP, I wouldn't pay more than $13K

·
Registered
417 Posts
wow not sure where you guys are finding your deals, I have been watching the market since I sold my last one and thought I was doing well. Cars and auto trader within 250 miles only had one cheaper and car fax showed it was wrecked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replys guys! Well shes taking care of some last minute recalls at the dealer and hopefully have it by tomorrow. Im hoping the low cost with high mileage will allow me to spend it elsewhere. Im glad this color is worth it over the red lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think your getting a good deal. I bought mine w/81k for $17.5k. Has a powertrain warranty to 100k. Good luck with it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
LSPowerX3
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing