Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an 09 with 152,000 on it. I am having issues with the car at around 45-55. It feels like the engine wants to take off because of all the shaking.
The person I have had fixing it tells me its a catalytic converter issue since he walked behind the car and it smells like rotten eggs?
I am wondering if this is not the issue with the crank shaft and the drive shaft that need re aligning? If i am remembering what I read.
This week i have put over 2500 into it in the past two weeks and I still can't drive it.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
162 Posts
Check your carrier bearing, holds the 2 drive shafts, that will give you lots of shaking. Lots of videos on this as well if you look it up on YouTube.

Reactions: rockinlespaul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I have an 09 with 152,000 on it. I am having issues with the car at around 45-55. It feels like the engine wants to take off because of all the shaking.
The person I have had fixing it tells me its a catalytic converter issue since he walked behind the car and it smells like rotten eggs?
I am wondering if this is not the issue with the crank shaft and the drive shaft that need re aligning? If i am remembering what I read.
This week i have put over 2500 into it in the past two weeks and I still can't drive it.
Check your carrier bearing, holds the 2 drive shafts, that will give you lots of shaking. Lots of videos on this as well if you look it up on YouTube.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,341 Posts
If one or both of the catalytic converters have indeed failed, then the check engine light should be illuminated.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Are you the original owner or did you just buy this car.
In the case of a previous owner car, did he do exhaust work and are the cats even there.
Personally I'd get it scanned at a GM dealer, I know not everyone's fav, with a Tech 2 scanner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts