Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a burnt out sidemarker bulb on the left front of my GT.

I think the bulb is a 2357NA as a replacement. When looking at LED replacements, the part numbers are over the map.

Has anyone replaced the sidemarker with LED bulbs and if so, what part number did you use?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Brake/tail lamp is 7443*.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
The side markers on the front bumper are 194’s. Don’t remember what the fender lights are.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The burnt out bulb is the one on the side, just in front of the wheel.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
The fender bulbs were just those small GM peanut lights, at least that's what I call them.
I looked briefly at upgrading to LEDs, maybe I'm wrong but didn't see any real benefit for the cost of the LEDs compared to the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair enough. So, the side markers are 194's?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Diode Dynamics has led sidemarker bulbs for $8-20 a pair depending on brightness. They are a vendor on here. I have their fog light and backup bulbs and they are much brighter than stock.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fair enough. So, the side markers are 194's?
Exterior Bulbs:
  • Backup/Reverse: 1156, 2, White, Confirmed
  • Brake: 7443/7440, 2, Red, Confirmed
  • License plate/Tag: 194, 2, White, Confirmed
  • Sidemarkers (under headlight on front bumper cover): 194, 2, Amber, Confirmed
  • Side repeaters/fender turn signals (behind front wheels): 194, 2, Amber, Confirmed
  • Front turn signal: 1157, 2, Amber, Confirmed , *
  • Rear turn signal: 1156, 2, Amber, Confirmed , *

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll stop at the local parts shop and buy a pair. Might as well replace the passenger side while I do the drivers.

Appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
I think you got it from here. If you have the stock amber lenses then a regular 194 led will do. Have fun getting the lens out! I always go through the wheel well and reach around or remove the horn.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Trying to remember... you might be able to reach them by popping the lower grills out and reaching in. If that works, it's probably the easiest way.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ugh, either method sounds like fun.

Thanks gents!

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
The service manual says to detach the marker lamp assembly using a suitable tool, inserting it at the top center location of the lens assembly, an carefully pry that top edge outward from the fascia. Then just lift (a touch) to remove the assembly from the molded bracket designed into the fascia for it. Replace the lamp (very straight forward) an reverse to install. I did it a long time ago when changing those light assemblies from amber to the clear lens version, along with an amber bulb. Quite easy as I remember.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I removed the wheel and took a coupla fasteners of the inner fender.
Don't think I even lost any blood.
Didn't want to mess with the grills even if it took longer and was more work.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Mine was done a while ago i believe you can just pop it out, from what i remember. I do not think you need to remove anything.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Meh. Markers are easy access.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Fender

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just got the car back from paint a couple months back and I know they removed all the lights and lens to repaint the whole car. I tried a small plastic pry tool on the drivers side marker and had a "pin" size chip in the paint at the top of the marker. I also tried the passenger side. They are both tight. I am guessing when they repainted and reinstalled the lens, a little pressure was used to push them back in.

I will probably go in through the wheel wells.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
In the image you can see the attachment lock. If fully seated you will need to squeeze from the inside to remove the assembly.

Turn the wheel in, few plastic rivnuts later and done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts