Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys -

Can anyone confirm that they have used this code for Silver and if it came out correct ? I am not speaking about touch up paint, but rather at least an entire panel . Also what is the other code for ? WA636R - And..... lastly, any diff. between Switch blade Silver and Maverick ?

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Based on the paint info listed in the Appearance/Detailing section, all of the #'s an word descriptions of the paint you posted, agrees with it. I have only had the GXP front fascia conversion painted using that paint # info, an it matched perfectly.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
^^^^^ I'll take a guess that possibly 2 different paint manufacturer/suppliers produced all of the colors that the G8 was painted with. Holden may have elected to use the P/N's and color names used by a particular vendor. Whereas GM may have elected to supply the P/N's an color names assigned by another paint supplier. My take is that any combination of P/N's an colors asked for, will get you the correct color.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds plausible - Thanks again. Getting the hood painted. Then if the guy does good work, going back for bumper. He is removing the hood and I am leaving it there. Extra clear coat. Seems like this car has the thinnest paint I have experienced ! Never have I had a car get so many chips so fast .

·
Registered
21 Posts
f you have any doubt about the color of your 2009 Pontiac G8, please note: The color code will be located on a sticker named Parts Identification. The code can start with BC/CC followed by a U, or a WA with a four digit number/letter combination. We use the WA format for simplicity, your code may have a U. WA8555 is the same as U8555. Click here for Pontiac paint code location diagrams and label examples.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info - Hood is now painted and its not a perfect match, but its close :) Now for the front bumper !!! How long does it average to remove bumper ?

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
My take, is IF all the fasteners from above an below are removed as easily as they should be, as well as the fender to fascia bracket bolts/nuts, and the 2 clip locations on each side under the headlights, I'll guess 20 minutes max. Just make sure you lower the fascia carefully so as to not damage the attached wire harness secured to it (that controls the side an fog light assemblies.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Also, find the task much easier with the front of the vehicle on jack-stands and wheels removed. Best of fortune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts