Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there were any simple fixes to remove light scratches on the radio screen. I recently purchased my 09 G8 GT and inherited some scratches on the radio screen with it. I know a member purchased a screen protector kit for an iPad and cut it to size and that worked but I would like to actually fill some of the scratches before I install the screen protector. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, that's what I assumed. I took the infotainment system out last night and completely took it apart. I did end up buying an iPad screen protector and cutting it to size. Install went smooth and the end result cleaned it up real well!!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Post a couple of pics, you aren't the first person to ask about the coating coming off. Curious to see how the protector looks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately, that's what I assumed. I took the infotainment system out last night and completely took it apart. I did end up buying an iPad screen protector and cutting it to size. Install went smooth and the end result cleaned it up real well!!!

can you please tell me the steps to do this..my interior is mint and the screen has tiny scratches and drives me crazy....can you give me a step by step please?

·
Registered
381 Posts
As I have preached and preached in my videos, there is ONE way to remove scratches from ANYTHING. Guess what that is?

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
As I have preached and preached in my videos, there is ONE way to remove scratches from ANYTHING. Guess what that is?
Buy an new car?
:LOL:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Previous owner stripped my coating off leaving an 1/2 inch frame around the screen.
My hero.
Only time it really bugs me is when the sun hits at some angles and washes out the screen otherwise I live with it.
Junkman2008 what would you suggest to use as a polish to remedy this situation?

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
410 Posts
You can use a HD screen protector, just cut to size.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
410 Posts
I put it on after the scratches, seemed to help quite a bit, not perfect but definetly better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts