Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after picking my unmolested 09’ GT up a couple weeks ago, I’ve already started to tear into her. I took out the midmuffler and replaced with an X-pipe, kept the stock resonators and added two single chamber mufflers at the rear with some Trapezoid tips I tracked down online after searching forever to find a set that fit the bumper jusssttttt right. And I LOVE IT!!! I’m pleasantly surprised at how it sounds with the single chambers, I thought it might be a bit louder but it’s perfect. I know once my long tubes and cam get here that it’s gonna change but still. I had the 3.5” quads on my black car but I wanted to do something different with this one. I also went with the Spectre Intake this time around.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Good move on keeping the resonators. They are straight through and don't restrict flow. Will you post a sound clip? What brand are the mufflers?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll put a clip up this afternoon. I installed the longtubes Wednesday, and I love it!! They are a flowmaster super 10 single chamber knock off. I had them laying around from another project that I didn’t use them on, and were perfect fit back there. I’m glad I kept the resonators too, it’s just a smooooooth sound all around even on decel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s a clip of just startup from yesterday. I’ll get a better one this afternoon
Untitled by Dallas Scott, on Flickr

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
I agree those tips look good. Might you share a part number or brand name for them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The Mustang dude
1,330 Posts
Get some video of that thing on the road... the start up sound is promising.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here’s the eBay listing for the ones I purchased. They also offer larger diameter inlets.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-4-quot-inlet-trapezoid-exhaust-tips-angled-rolled-304-stainless-steel-/254138040574?txnId=2471297590015

Went to the track last night for some baselines before the cam swap and other parts. Took some video so you can hear the exhaust
Untitled by Dallas Scott

Untitled by Dallas Scott

What's the story behind the guy at the track throwing his hands up after you left?

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
Thanks for the link for the tips.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the story behind the guy at the track throwing his hands up after you left?
Looks like he dumped fluid on the track
Yup, water in the evaporator from the drive over. I had the ac off once I pulled in the track but guess some came out when I launched. That was the first pass. That dudes a lazy prick though 😂 everyone else there is top notch but that guy hates doing ANYTHING and just wines and complains all night 🙄
Thanks for the link for the tips.
No problem!!!

And what kind of video do you want on the road? Just from inside cruising?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts