Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a bit of trany tuning based on a tune I found on the board. ( think it was a bluegoat tune)
I think the tune over all was an improvement. But the shifts at WOT (in sport mode) from a stop are delayed. I'm not sure how to describe it but it's like the car pulls real hard and then waits a full second then shifts and pulls real hard.

So what areas should I focus on to correct this? shift pressure and time?
Or should I be looking at other areas of the tune?

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
They shouldn't be that slow. Do you have an 09 model? Not 08 or 09.5, if its 09 I have a full trans tune I run in my own car, same that some of my pupils run for simplicity.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have an 09. If you would share your tune I'll compare it with what I have.

Post #21 is my current tune I've been working on.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...-just-a-VCM-OTR-installed&p=320324#post320324

Also, I'm currently running no cats is there something I should do in my tune to ensure I can pass an emissions test?
I currently have that one Cat setting to 1.00 so that I can use DoD when I'm done with this tune.
Other than taht I don't know what to do with the cat setting stuff.
Thanks.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
What's your email address ?
Also, emissions would be tough without the cats, search for a post started from handle silentlegion, i told him what to do, but since stuff like this should be considered off road only, i don't like to be mention them everytime. hope you'll understand. we know what to do, but we don't want certain groups to know we know. for the sake of the argument, there is no way to pass smog without the cats .... :eyetwitch:

Here, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64310&highlight=

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Also, your maf needs hand smoothing, in the guide i have around, i explain more or less what to do, your MAF transfer shouldn't look like ^-^, it should be as smooth as you can see it in the graph. you'll get to see the one i'll make for your car with your current mods, i think you said Rotofab CAI and CB ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my issue with smoothing is the units I am using for the MAF. I think you use g/sec instead of the default. The default resolution doesn't let you see closely enough whats off. I could never figure out how to change the graph display. Small issue but I agree that the smoothing needs to be done. After one more part throttle run and one or two more WOT runs. I think fueling will be in check. Then on to the next thing.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
You've got email.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shifts are much better. Thanks. I don't know how I'm going to hook this thing up now. lol

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Lol, try this at the track (as long as they spray VHT).
Hit the tires at 28-29PSI, and do the burnout for like 3-4 secs.
stage, foot on the brake, and gas so the rpm stay at 800, wait for the 3rd yellow light
then in one movement, roll down the gas, not too quick, not too slow, just drop your foot weight down, while releasing the brakes.
That's it, 1.95 or better 60's on stock verter 9 out of 10 times, again assuming your track launch pad is coated in VHT.

Have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts