Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got done ordering the OBX system last night. so i will have a full review for you by next week, if it delivers in 4 to 5 days as listed. final price for the kit was 845, plus i will be purchasing bolts and gm gaskets so lets add maybe 60 bucks to that? and exhaust wrap- add 90 bucks. and a retune will be 75...so overall i should end with around 1070-1100 bucks. sure hope these things are not crap.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sweet man! Proud of ya, cant wait to see and hear the videos after you are done.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

I'll be watching very closely.

Hopefully everyone can be civil and not attack the OP for being a volunteer who will give us the report on his impressions of this product.

No name calling or other rule breaking -- infractions will be issued for anyone who does not heed that warning.

The official rules on discussions and debates...

(borrowed from corvetteforum via solsticeforum)

1. Be sure of your facts and be ready to back them up.
2. Do not allow yourself to fall for inflammatory "bait".
3. Never fall into the trap of personal defamation.
4. Rise above your opponent when they resort to the tactics in #2 and
5. Be willing to concede, if necessary.
6. Respectfully agree to disagree.

These guidlines are good to keep in mind. Debates can happen anywhere in the forum.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
sub for review.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I dont get why anyone would flame. I look forward to this.
We've had 3 threads already closed for the exact same reasons I listed.

Thus why I put the warning out there beforehand. :judge:

Now no one can claim "but I didn't know!"
:pir_flag:

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Good Luck with them

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since this is such a big ordeal i will try and do a in-depth review on this. pics from the way they were shipped to the welds. post videos and Mathew can even drive over and do a second review/opinion lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and maybe someone can explain to me how i can get pics from the computer into the post instead of me having to give links to a website showing the pictures.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I will be ordering this kit this spring so I'm really looking forward to this write up

·
That's ME!
4,021 Posts
You insert images this way.

Just type that text in below before each picture you want to link to.

Code:
[img]<insert url to picture i.e. http://yourwebsite/pics/picture001.jpg>[/img]

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
Let me know how the whole bolt up process goes. Be great if they match up with stock cats or in my case solo HFC's :p
They will not work with the stock cats or the Solo cats. No LT's will.

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
just got done ordering the OBX system last night. so i will have a full review for you by next week, if it delivers in 4 to 5 days as listed. final price for the kit was 845, plus i will be purchasing bolts and gm gaskets so lets add maybe 60 bucks to that? and exhaust wrap- add 90 bucks. and a retune will be 75...so overall i should end with around 1070-1100 bucks. sure hope these things are not crap.
Please take lots of pics of both the headers and the install for everyones benefit. Much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 428 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
427 Replies
82 Participants
Perhaps
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing