Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while browsing online at work for rims I came across a set of 4 19x8 firehawk rims for $595 on ebay it says they are half off and it is from the SLP clearance store. Has anyone got any more specs on these weight wise?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
SLP often resells their rims and camaro stock rims on their ebay store. Do your own research on their ebay profile then see if this is a good fit for you. I've read reports about the firehawk rims tending to bend more then other rims, but I have no personal experience. Good luck!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I doubt you'd notice much, if any, difference from stock wheels. Granted if you want to go uber-light they're not an option.

If you like them, go for it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mine look good in their boxes. I wanted lighter wheels, but i needed round wheels more than I needed expensive light ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had these installed today on my '09 Quicksilver with new Pirelli's. Darker look than original wheels but it compliments the silver. Quality finish on wheels. Tires balanced and alignment done without issues. We'll see how they wear.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
I swear I remember seeing this on the forum but now I can't find it.....I though a Firehawk owner was on here that had one of their rims crack. And actually, I think he had a second one crack as well. His screenname was G8Firehawk17. Has far as I can tell his account has been canceled since he sold his car in 2011.

Does anyone know if these will fit over the GXP Brembos?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I swear I remember seeing this on the forum but now I can't find it.....I though a Firehawk owner was on here that had one of their rims crack. And actually, I think he had a second one crack as well. His screenname was G8Firehawk17. Has far as I can tell his account has been canceled since he sold his car in 2011.

Does anyone know if these will fit over the GXP Brembos?
Yes he had SLP wheels and one cracked/bent on him. I know because I bought his car and he told me. It was on a bad road in Houston so may be a fluke. I have the set boxed up. They are very nice in person!

Also they clear the Baer brakes, but not sure about Brembos.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They do clear the GXP brembos.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
They do clear the GXP brembos.
Found another thread last night, they clear....but just barely, like probably wouldn't be able to fit 5 sheets of paper in between the rim and brake caliber. One owner said that under hard driving he started having problems and i can't remember but I think he was going to put a spacer on them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ANyone have these on a sport red?
Sorry its been a month just browsing the forum for what skinnies i could run and seen the tread
its not sport but kinda close :D

These were on the sport..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts