Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Zdaddy
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched all to see if anyone has this setup and didn't find. I already have the Powerflo axle backs and considering SLP for the entire system. Anyone out there with this set up...input would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Can't speak for the SLP, but I have the Kook's 1 7/8" LTs, with high flow cats, and kooks mid-pipe and absolutely love the fit, finish, and most importantly the sound and power gains. I'm sure the SLPs are decent, but it seems from my experience that Kooks and/or ARH are the top dogs in the header department.

In the photos that I have seen of the SLPs, it looks as though the cats are welded to the headers. Is that really the case? If so, it seems like it would be a big PITA to swap out a bad cat or even replace the cats with a catless off-road pipe if you ever needed or wanted to. Just something to think about if my suspicion is accurate about the cats.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cats are clamped on not welded.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Think I read a post on here that SLP's LTs only make as much HP as Kooks Mids.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have read that that kooks mids are within a couple % HP as the kooks LT's?
I think Livernois posted up some dyno numbers on the topic.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Found this. Looks like the long tube kooks are worth an additional 5-7 RWHP. That additional 5-7 HP costs $700.00
I guess it comes down to how fast do you want to spend.
Keep in mind as mods increase the long tubes might make more HP over the short tubes.

Sorry op I did not mean to steal the thread. Back to the matter at hand. I think all Headers, mid or long tubes that utilize the factory midpipe will create close to the same power. One thing I like about the SLPs is that they are coated.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have read that that kooks mids are within a couple % HP as the kooks LT's?
I think Livernois posted up some dyno numbers on the topic.
My car put down 353/363 with the mids. More then happy for the amount I paid

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah does not sound like the LTs are worth the cost if they only add that little amount of HP over the Mids. Good to know when I started budgeting and shopping for headers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.