Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my SLPs installed on the G. Sound is AMAZING! Looking at the stock mufflers, I can only imagine how much better the car breaths. Here is a short vid I shot of the finished product. Other exhaust mods include; Kooks Headers, Kooks X-pipe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those tips look great. Sounds pretty good too
Troy, I really like the design of the SLP tips. Next is to get a hold of Rick Crawford and get the tune done!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Yessir! You wont be disappointing with him. If those tips weren't so darn expensive i might buy a set. Just hard to justify close 20 $200 just for a set of tips.

On a side not a couple of local folks including myself are going down to Fayetteville this weekend to the drag strip, you should come if your available

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably can't make it this weekend, getting ready for surgery and a PT test. I will say I wish I could adjust the SLP some more. I really don't like the way the tips rest on the diffuser. I got the side to side and leveling good. But the up and down wont adjust, unless I bend the rod that is connected to the hanger. Maybe I should buy a new rubber hanger. The passenger side is a lot looser than the left. Thoughts??

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can see where the old SLPs melted parts of the diffuser. I tried to adjust everything for an hour or so and didn't have any luck. I noticed that when I would adjust it down, it would move back up because of the flex piping the flange bolts on to. I thought about putting some shims in on the hanger bracket to try and get it to go down, but would probably need a longer bolt. Also thought about drilling a new hole in the rubber hanger itself to get it to line up better.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just had to bend the pipe a hair to make mine line up perfect.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had to bend the pipe a hair to make mine line up perfect.
What did you use to bend the pipe without creasing it? I thought about possibly bending the metal rod that attached to the hanger to help lower the tips.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*Update* Went ahead and took eveything apart. Bent the rods that go into the rubber hanger some, and meticulously aligned everything so it does not rub/touch the diffuser. After a long ordeal I got everything within 1/16 of an inch of everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts