Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Wanted to see what everyone thinks about two different exhaust set ups. One is the SLP powerflo with an x pipe in place of the mid muffler and the other is a SOLO axelback with an x pipe. Which has that deeper non-raspy v8 growl? And what size x pipe would you use? Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Solos with resonators in place. Buy the 40$ eBay 2.5" x pipe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
186 Posts
^ What they said!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solos with resonators in place. Buy the 40$ eBay 2.5" x pipe.

Forgot to mention, that I don't wanna disturb my newborn so I just want something with minimal drone. I know other feeds say that the x pipe will help calm the SLP drone. So the general consensus is that the SOLO is a deeper and richer exhaust? Would you still get the x pipe in place of the mid muff?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Forgot to mention, that I don't wanna disturb my newborn so I just want something with minimal drone. I know other feeds say that the x pipe will help calm the SLP drone. So the general consensus is that the SOLO is a deeper and richer exhaust? Would you still get the x pipe in place of the mid muff?
There is no drone what so ever with the solos. You should tune out AFM though. If you don't want that much sound skip the x pipe and just get an axle back.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wifes has hooker headers with x pipe and powerflos sounds good WOT, tame at idle.

We both miss the Loudmouths at startup and idle but not on the highway. The Solo is like the Loudmouth but with the J-pipe so drone should be less.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have Powerflo's, nice deep sound. Does "drone" or resonate around 70 mph. I removed the mid muffler and added the amazon X pipe and it reduced the highway sound quite a bit. I don't think it would be too loud for a child in the back seat at all. Rest of the car is stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have Powerflo's, nice deep sound. Does "drone" or resonate around 70 mph. I removed the mid muffler and added the amazon X pipe and it reduced the highway sound quite a bit. I don't think it would be too loud for a child in the back seat at all. Rest of the car is stock.
X pipe make it deeper with more volume?

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
if you just like sounding like a 78 truck with glasspacks the solo axleback is great... i did obx mufflers and a magnaflow x-pipe... other than it being a LITTLE boomy at 70ish it sounds amazing.... 450 in my exhaust total including install.

·
Registered
112 Posts
X pipe make it deeper with more volume?
Inside the car didn't change at all as far as I can tell other than quieter on the highway overall.

Standing behind the car, idle volume increased ever so slightly.

I don't think the tone changed at all. The Powerflow's have a deep sound at all rpm's as far as I can tell from the drivers seat.

I have never heard my car from the outside while it was moving.

I have about $450 in my used Powerflow's and amazon X-pipe.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if you just like sounding like a 78 truck with glasspacks the solo axleback is great... i did obx mufflers and a magnaflow x-pipe... other than it being a LITTLE boomy at 70ish it sounds amazing.... 450 in my exhaust total including install.
Lol 78 truck. Sounds nothing like that. Good laugh though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
159 Posts
I do lots of highway miles and I have solo HFCs, xpipe, and solo axel backs. I dont even hear the exhaust while driving on the interstate. Solo has great products.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I do lots of highway miles and I have solo HFCs, xpipe, and solo axel backs. I dont even hear the exhaust while driving on the interstate. Solo has great products.
Until AFM kicks in: BUZZZZZZZZZ! Lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had the AFM turned off, it was awful. Gas mileage did not change much at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.