Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,146 Posts
In for the results. I'm thinking of getting the one from livernois.

· Registered
2,044 Posts
over-rated ... not worth the coin for sure... been there... done that... many times... no more ... ever again!!!! ... many shops will push it but it is a high profit margin thing for them... so sure... they will suggest it!!!!!

· Registered
835 Posts
From what I understand increase ranges from 0-10 whp depending on who you ask but it has zero affect on track times... So if your into dyno numbers than great, if not pointless.

Unless ur stock pulley is worn out and has a wobble then a UD pulley would be suggested over stock.

· Registered
1,011 Posts
Waste of money. I only changed mine cause y stock one wobbled.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· HeapBlaster
479 Posts
get the powerbond one from scoggin dickies for the same price and it includes the needed belts. powerbond makes the pulleys for slp btw. also its not over rated, its a few extra horsepower, is horsepower ever over rated?

· Registered
1,046 Posts
im wanting to get one too. Sub'd for everyone's impressions. Im at the point now where every little bit helps!
This is one of those "every little bit helps" mods. I've done this on my last 4 cars and it helps...a little.

· HeapBlaster
479 Posts
plus, aftermarket and doesnt fall apart is always better than stock and does fall apart...

· Registered
369 Posts
I put mine on and noticed a difference. Every bit helps IMO. Just because it doesn't give you crazy HP doesn't mean it's not worth it. Pretty cheap HP too if you ask me.

· Registered
835 Posts
slp and powerbond are the exact same product. two new belts are required and often the part #'s seem to vary depending of the source. Which I find confusing when trying to make sure you have exactly what you'll need.

This I why I agree with someone above who said get the powerbond from scoggin dickies because the required belts are included.

· Registered
369 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
I went with the ATI super damper with 10% underdrive PN 917278. It's a bit more price wise but I've heard nothing but positive things about them. Install and review when I get back state side.

· Registered
2,044 Posts
If you are ever thnking of going the supercharged route in the future, I would hold off and not touch this belt... especially if you do a maggie...

Better to concentrate on reducing weight over a UDP... but its there to be had so if you want it... go for it..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.