Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning I went to a Dr. Apt. On my way to the highway to go back to work I see a very nice Mercedes ahead. We both stopped at the light and I see it is a brand new SLS AMG GT (Paper Tag). I can see he noticed the sounds of G8. We both look over each others cars, but I think nothing of it. We proceed driving down the road driving next to each other, about half a mile up the road clears up and he decides to put the pedal down and the famous little wing comes up. Not expecting that I quickly downshift to 3rd and start gaining. We both stop due to a car turning. We both drop into first going roughly 5mph and once the car turns its game on he punches it and is off. I hit it to see what the new beast can do. The tires tear into the ground ripping up asphalt and swaying the rear end around while throwing me into the back of my seat, it quickly gains traction and I start gaining hard. He is clearly stunned when I look over and his facial expressions is in sheer awe and amazement as I wave bye and smirk as I pass him. Before we get to the next light he quickly turns off in shame down a side street that leads nowhere (I lived in this area prior)
It put a big smile on my face, and made the drive to work a more enjoyable. I can say 100% I am very happy with the car it took a lot of time, effort, blood, sweet , and tears but the beast is prowling and just waiting to be unleashed.
Happy Friday Everyone.

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Nice kill OP!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
So what's your build?

EDIT:

Kooks Long Tube Header System (1 7/8"x 3") Coating Jet Hot 2000 Degree, Kooks 3" Catted X-pipe , Kooks Axleback, Full Peddlers Suspension System
Customs ported ls3 heads and stage 2 camshaft, Magnusun Magnacharger Supercharger Kit (TVS 2300), cog 1:1, ROTOFAB COLD AIR INTAKE, ZL1 FUEL PUMP setup with 60lb injectors, Bap ,
(ID-850coming for new setup), Zr1 clutch, Avant Garde M310 in Gunmetal/ Machined Face 19x8.5(F) and 19x9.5(R) wrapped in BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT 285/35/19 99Y

Current set up putting down 640 rwhp/ 592 torque @ 8.5lbs 93oct tune,
New Set up putting down 710rwhp/740 Torque @ 12.5lbs 93oct tune

New Toys 417, 8 rib rip pulley system, overdrive cog, GT9 camshaft

Found that on the other board. Holy **** that's a nice setup!

Good kill and bet that car sounds awesome.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Sorry I never did a sig on this board. I thought about just going ape **** on the car and going 18.5 lbs of boost but didnt want to overspin the blower. Lots of more power to be had, but i think she is sitting pretty for now. Plus drivabilty is still functional as long as i dont touch the gas to hard.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thats impressive those new SLS AMG's run high 11's. Would of loved to see his face when you passed him i mean he paid 200k for that car! LMFAO

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's a story that guy will never tell his friends

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good kill o p.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Love those AMGs especially the SLS. Good kill. I remember seeing a board member here who purchased one of those and still kept his G8. Cant remember who.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts

·
IdontRe Member
632 Posts
EDIT:

Kooks Long Tube Header System (1 7/8"x 3") Coating Jet Hot 2000 Degree, Kooks 3" Catted X-pipe , Kooks Axleback, Full Peddlers Suspension System
Customs ported ls3 heads and stage 2 camshaft, Magnusun Magnacharger Supercharger Kit (TVS 2300), cog 1:1, ROTOFAB COLD AIR INTAKE, ZL1 FUEL PUMP setup with 60lb injectors, Bap ,
(ID-850coming for new setup), Zr1 clutch, Avant Garde M310 in Gunmetal/ Machined Face 19x8.5(F) and 19x9.5(R) wrapped in BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW NT 285/35/19 99Y

Current set up putting down 640 rwhp/ 592 torque @ 8.5lbs 93oct tune,
New Set up putting down 710rwhp/740 Torque @ 12.5lbs 93oct tune

New Toys 417, 8 rib rip pulley system, overdrive cog, GT9 camshaft.
:eek2: Wow.

Great kill.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Nice kill.

Tommy Kendall did a couple of hot laps with me in an SLS GT AMG a couple weeks ago at 10/10ths at MRLS. Amazing car.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
whoa...... talk about messing with the wrong G8 !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.