Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my fog housings in. The bulb application is H3. Question for you fine gentlemen is, if I buy H3 hid 3k 35 watt yellow bulbs will they work with my existing Spencers 25w ballast. In other word are ballast universal or bulb kind specific ie....H3, 5202.....I am currently running the identical setup mentioned above inside stock fog lights, 5202 application.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Sub'd....Let us know how these hold up as far as the melting problems.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Oh and as far as there being issues with using your existing ballast with the new bulbs I think it will work out. As long as the connects are made I think it will work fine. Ballast are fairly universal in that sense I think.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and as far as there being issues with using your existing ballast with the new bulbs I think it will work out. As long as the connects are made I think it will work fine. Ballast are fairly universal in that sense I think.
Thx

·
Registered
165 Posts
I currently have these housings,except the back plastic on mine is black,so im wondering if its a different mold,i have a 35w hid kit in them, so far they are fine, no signs of melting yet. but we will see since its only been a week or two.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I currently have these housings,except the back plastic on mine is black,so im wondering if its a different mold,i have a 35w hid kit in them, so far they are fine, no signs of melting yet. but we will see since its only been a week or two.
Cool, mine are Spyder brand, assuming yours are same. I just ordered hid bulbs from Amazon for $14.99......lol....we shall find out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yeah I used a 3000k hid kit since everyone is matching so I wanted it different, at-least around here. But the install of the housing is just pop out, pop in, and adjust the light throw. The hid install well, you take the h3 bulbs the foglights came with so you can connect it to the factory harness and not cut it.You cut the 2 wires connecting to the h3 bulb, strip them, and then you'll have to cut the 2 wires for bulb connection on the hid side since they will be a spade connector,solder or butt connect them as you wish. Then the rest is straight forward, just mounting the ballast, putting the bulb in the housing, connecting everything and making sure it works.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I used a 3000k hid kit since everyone is matching so I wanted it different, at-least around here. But the install of the housing is just pop out, pop in, and adjust the light throw. The hid install well, you take the h3 bulbs the foglights came with so you can connect it to the factory harness and not cut it.You cut the 2 wires connecting to the h3 bulb, strip them, and then you'll have to cut the 2 wires for bulb connection on the hid side since they will be a spade connector,solder or butt connect them as you wish. Then the rest is straight forward, just mounting the ballast, putting the bulb in the housing, connecting everything and making sure it works.
Thx for the instruction. On the fog housing, are there screws to remove. How is it attached to the bumper . I have a Vararam so driver side will be easy.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Your gonna melt the housing with a 35w hid in there .. already been there done that with he h3 bulb. The standard h3 bulb worked ok , but it still melted the chrome around the bulb as shown here

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your gonna melt the housing with a 35w hid in there .. already been there done that with he h3 bulb. The standard h3 bulb worked ok , but it still melted the chrome around the bulb as shown here
Ok, thx for heads up. I am running spencers kit on OEM for the past 6 months with no isusse. Xodus said he has had them on for week so far. I going to dive in and see how I come out on the other end.....lol..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.