Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 8 long years, I'm back! Oirginally joined in 2010 when I discovered my first and always true love, my 2008 White Hot G8 GT, then my wife joined me with a 2009 matching G8 GT. A few years of absolute bliss and a forum/owner and car community like no other, we traded them in and began the journey of discovering which car still remains the best of the best! I enjoy all cars in all their unique and special ways (my daily driver is an '03 Mercury Grand Marquis and equally as hilarious to own is the enjoyment of driving!!). Went from the G8s to a '14 Jaguar XF (blah!), quickly transitioned to a '14 SRT Charger, then '16 SRT Charger, then '17 Daytona Charger (I really did love those cars too! I raced the '16 SRT and man, what a beast!), then a '15 Jaguar F-Type R (craziest and most fun, beautiful and exhilarating car I have ever driven!), then a 1995 40th Anniversary Ford Thunderbird (a re-visit to my high school car era), and now the Mercury and newly re-introduced into my life, an '09 SBM GXP...and oh my Zeus this is a frickin monster! The previous owner had it for 8 years and gave it the midas touch of perfection! Beautiful it remains, monstrous it sounds and drives! I am in love, yet again! I have already loved logging back in and being reminded of the best car owner community out there (sorry Chargers, you don't even compare), and look forward to meetups, flashing the headlights to say hey, and keeping the Holden/Pontiac dream alive for years to come! This one will never leave my grips this time around!

I've got new headlights and taillights ordered and on their way, I actually haven't decided if I will definitely swap them but am keeping the parts for the option down the road. I've got and will be swapping the rear Pontiac emblem to the Holden badge. I plan on vinyl wrapping the roof black, and hood scoops black. Otherwise, she's perfect!!! And damn that blue is just amazing!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My days of yore...I still miss the original! (someone in California out there in the Bay Area has her (last I checked), and those wheels are quite rare so I know she'd be noticed by a G8 owner if/when seen. They're Holden replicas I ordered and had on before trading in...but the black CTS-V wheels on my SBM now, well shoot, I won't change those ever!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Welcome back to the forum. Nice Stryker Blue GXP. Thanks for your service in the Air Force.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Welcome.
Beauty looking GXP, I had a chance at the same a few years ago but didn't pull the trigger.
Kinda disappointed I didn't do it, not disappointed about having to do the payment thing.
Drive safe.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I'm glad I waited this long actually to finally step back in, find the perfect GXP, and start the next G8 journey. All the cars in between played a significant role in establishing the final score for which car wins top spot in my book.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome back, and gorgeous color!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome back awesome looking cars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts