Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So should I Zaino my car in the showroom before I pull it out and risk contamination of the soft paint from the harsh elements?

Well on my way to post whoredom. :D

BTW where is the wheels and tires section? I need to start looking for rims for my new baby.

·
Holeshot with a capital 'H'
42 Posts
Well I would not let the dealer prep the car thats for sure. Remember all the nightmare post on Ls1gto.com? I would ask them not to wash it or towel it off.
I don't see tire pressure problems or shipping problem we had with our GTO with this model. Make sure the license plate frame is not installed. I will say this. I pray that the paint quality on the G8 will be better then the paint on the GTO.

Wash, Clay and polish/ buff.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
If I end up getting a G8 and even if the paint quality is good I would still consider getting a clear bra installed on the car.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I end up getting a G8 and even if the paint quality is good I would still consider getting a clear bra installed on the car.
+1, cheap insurance for the paint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How long is the paint still soft after it leaves the factory? It could take it long enough to get to America that the paint will have hardened.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How long is the paint still soft after it leaves the factory? It could take it long enough to get to America that the paint will have hardened.
IIRC the rule of thumb for new paint is 60 days or was it 90. It's something like that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer down here in Florida put the damn front license plate frame on even though Florida has no front plates! They just wanted to put their stupid dealer advertisement crap on the front of the car... I hate that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
IIRC the rule of thumb for new paint is 60 days or was it 90. It's something like that.
Well, in that case by the time they hit the dealers, the paint should be pretty much cured.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
17 Participants
sharkbite1979
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing