Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TGXPLS3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I am needing to get the GXP worked on for the recall and was looking for a reliable GM dealership in/around Los Angeles. Any of the SoCal guys recommend anyone? Also, any body shops / mechanics that are not outrageously priced to fix the damage who do work?

Still new to the whole forum thing really, so thank you guys in advance for your time; I'm sure this question has come up before since there has not been any Pontiac dealerships in quite some time...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congratulations on owning a GXP!

Is the recall you're referring to connected to the "damage" you mentioned? Just trying to clarify what work needs to be done.

·
TGXPLS3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry that wasn't clear - I need a GM dealership to fix:

GM #: 2014445
IGNITION SYSTEM AND UNINTENDED KEY ROTATION

AND a body shop to fix:
(unfortunately there is one similar on the rear bumper as well)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I live several miles south of LA, but I see that there's a dealer in the LA area that seems to be a worth while place. It's called "Martin Automotive Group". They are the GM Cadillac/GMC dealer around that area. The recall, re-indexing the key fob(s), can pretty much be done by any GM dealer. They seem to say that they have a very good body shop. Can't hurt to give them a call or a visit, to see if their prices to fix the fascia's seem fair. Their phone number is listed as 310-694-5239.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for chiming in, GOPHERIT. Good knowledge and advice. I don't live in your part of the country, so I would not have been able to help out with the dealer recommendation. Hope our new member gets well taken care of.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Don't do the key recall! The new fixed key is terrible. I did the recall and regretted it. So I went and bought a key fob from eBay to return to the switchblade key

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
beto_juice
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing