Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Debating on selling my 2008 g8 gt guys has the premium and sport package what should I sell her for??? Currently at 30,290 miles bought her when she had 26,000 miles. No rust at all underneath. Never been smoked In. Complete Trans flush was just done June 17 2020 with oil change at dealership.

Mods:
-roof wrapped gloss black (gloss black shark fin on its way to replace the oem antenna on the roof)
-chrome delete all over gloss black except door handles have that little bit of chrome on them.
-Weathertech floor mats for up front only (never have anyone riding in back so never got the rears).
-VCM OTR intake with the filler panels
-4 piston dark red Brembo brakes all around(came from 2016. Chevy SS)
-3.27 camaro ss lsd diff I bought it when it had 16k miles have only put 2k miles no issues, have paperwork stating it was 16k when I bought it. All bushings and seals related to the diff have been replaced. (Still have original diff with about 28k miles on it)
-CTS-V wheels sedan version powder coated satin black.
-disc Italia rotors all around
-285 in the back and 245 in the front 19inch all around....285 are brand new less then 1k miles 245 up front have about 2.5k on em.
-spec d led head lights up front (have original no scratches)
-spyder rear taillights leds (have original no scratches)
-20% tint all around except front windshield no tint there.
-kooks LT 1 7/8th
-solo performance cyclone 3 inch from start to end
-gxp diffuser
-livernoise tune with all the above performance mods listed. Still have calibrator.
-ALL performance mods have been accounted for and are on the current tune running 93
- All mods have been put on this car in the past 7 months.

What parts I have:
-car cover
-engine cover
-manifolds (taken off the car around 28k miles
-original headlight housing
-original taillight housing

CONS:
-rear bumper looks like someone parked behind me and did very minor paint damage no dents just 2 scratches (Can’t have anything nice in NY lol).

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang all the right mods and low miles. Low 20s?
I was thinking that just wanted more opinions from others...yea man all quality parts went in...if I do sell I want to sell to a person who will cherish take pride/value in her!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure what's a fair price but I'll chime in and say I bought a '09 completly stock with 54k miles about 2 years ago for 17k.
I'd imagine you could get around 16-17 maybe more?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not gunna lie a little bit disappointed to hear that especially since I have looked at ya car and the work done to it...but I gues it is what it is...

·
SUSP3CT
1,026 Posts
Not gunna lie a little bit disappointed to hear that especially since I have looked at ya car and the work done to it...but I gues it is what it is...
Quite disappointing, but did not feel like waiting a year to sell it. I feel I found the right buyer who is older and had more time on his hands. He also owned one in the past and is not intimidated by all the modifications.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Debating on selling my 2008 g8 gt guys what should I sell her for??? Currently at 30,090 miles bought her when she had 26,000 miles. No rust at all underneath.

Mods:
-roof wrapped gloss black
-chrome delete all over gloss black except door handles have that little bit of chrome on them.
-VCM OTR intake
-4 piston dark red Brembo brakes all around(came of SS)
  • 3.27 camaro ss lsd diff (bought it when it had 16k miles have only put 2k miles no issues)
  • all bushings and seals related to the diff have been replaced.
-CTS-V wheels sedan version
-disc Italia rotors all around
-285 in the back and 245 in the front 19inch all around
-spec d head lights up front (have original no scratches)
  • spyder rear taillights (have original no scratches)
  • 20% tint all around except front windshield no tint there.
-kooks LT 1 7/8th
  • solo performance cyclone 3 inch from start to end
  • gxp diffuser
-livernoise tune with all the above performance mods listed. Still have calibrator.
ALL performance mods have been put on this car in the past 7 months.

cons:
-rear bumper looks like someone parked behind me and did very minor damage no dents just 2 scratches.
If you need some ideas I just bought my 09 g8 Gt sport with 67k for 18k. Unfortunately I recently wrecked my. O9 g8 base😪 and. There was not any question about The. Car i wanted next. Im in love with these damn cars. Everyone says i upgraded with my Gt and? Yes i did but 4 years with my first g8 man i felt like? I just lost a child. Anyway your g8 is. Beautiul.. why sell her anyways?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you need some ideas I just bought my 09 g8 Gt sport with 67k for 18k. Unfortunately I recently wrecked my. O9 g8 base😪 and. There was not any question about The. Car i wanted next. Im in love with these damn cars. Everyone says i upgraded with my Gt and? Yes i did but 4 years with my first g8 man i felt like? I just lost a child. Anyway your g8 is. Beautiul.. why sell her anyways?
She has been very well taking care of and I have a lot of pride in her but I am possibly looking for another car experience lol like a Veloster N (hopefully I don’t get roasted). Sport package is what again in these cars?

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
... Veloster N (hopefully I don’t get roasted)...
Post number sixteen

Reactions: Koda

·
SUSP3CT
1,026 Posts
So far I'm satisfied with my Veloster Turbo. It's fun to drive, handles well, comfortable and roomy. It's a little on the heavy side performance wise.

Currently having an issue on cold summer mornings...when I start the car, the rpms bogs and the engine eventually stall. But I think I may have a case of bad gas as I went to a VERY low traffic Shell Station in my area...

I think the N is a little overpriced, but that's only my opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far I'm satisfied with my Veloster Turbo. It's fun to drive, handles well, comfortable and roomy. It's a little on the heavy side performance wise.

Currently having an issue on cold summer mornings...when I start the car, the rpms bogs and the engine eventually stall. But I think I may have a case of bad gas as I went to a VERY low traffic Shell Station in my area...

I think the N is a little overpriced, but that's only my opinion.
Myra it’s on the pricey wise but I feel for the performance side of it it well worth it tbh...stick, there lsd(forgot what it’s called),N mode and the grin thing they call it looks like a fun car and I really like the looks. It’s a complete 180 from my previous cars but I would be welcome and happy for the change if I get there.

·
SUSP3CT
1,026 Posts
Myra it’s on the pricey wise but I feel for the performance side of it it well worth it tbh...stick, there lsd(forgot what it’s called),N mode and the grin thing they call it looks like a fun car and I really like the looks. It’s a complete 180 from my previous cars but I would be welcome and happy for the change if I get there.
I totally understand the 180, happens to the best of us, I myself just sold the G8 for a Subaru BRZ TS. It's a little overpriced but the STI goodies and upgraded suspension is kinda cool. Also only 50 production total for Canada.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Speaking of this, I have been looking for a G8 GXP in white for some time now. I see there are 2 red ones currently for sale with under 70k miles both for around $24k. One is a 1 owner in IN the other is a manual in TX. Can't ever seem to find a white manual. Don't want a low mile car as I am going to drive it, not store it! My biggest question to all of you is how easy is it to get parts now and down the road?

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
123 Posts
There is a white manual GXP for sale on car gurus but it's $44,900 and only around 7,000 miles. If power and fun factor is what your looking for Koda's car listed above is perfect, has great mods and all up to date, just not manual, but then again you can put it manual mode and shift it and no clutch to deal with.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dang. That’s a very clean car.
Are you actually going to sell it?
Do you have any videos of the car?

Reactions: Koda

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang. That’s a very clean car.
Are you actually going to sell it?
Do you have any videos of the car?
I mean if I get a reasonable offer from someone! And as far as videos no actually lol but I can get some and throw it up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts