Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Upgraded my center dash speaker the other day with this one:
IMG_20200628_125308249_HDR.jpg IMG_20200628_125317122.jpg IMG_20200628_125329326.jpg

It's a great little speaker - clean sound and no crackling/popping at high volume. This one is a 4ohm speaker - same as stock. Comes with a bunch of adapters, but the one in the picture worked best for me - just have to put it in the center of the mounting hole and drill 2 screws into the plastic. No issues at all.

Since it originally came as a pair, selling the other one because I have no need for it.

$25 + shipping in the US.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Hi there,

Upgraded my center dash speaker the other day with this one:
View attachment 181240 View attachment 181241 View attachment 181242

It's a great little speaker - clean sound and no crackling/popping at high volume. This one is a 4ohm speaker - same as stock. Comes with a bunch of adapters, but the one in the picture worked best for me - just have to put it in the center of the mounting hole and drill 2 screws into the plastic. No issues at all.

Since it originally came as a pair, selling the other one because I have no need for it.

$25 + shipping in the US.
Any center speakers out there that don't require any drilling?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice and clean sound. It's definitely cleaner than the stock one and it doesn't make that annoying popping sound at high volume. I also run aftermarket 2ohm speakers and this speaker complements them nicely. The stock one is just way too cheap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any center speakers out there that don't require any drilling?
I couldn't find any, even on Australian websites. The stock speaker is the same size, but the mounting plate it's molded into is specific to these Commodores. I guess if you have a Dremel tool you could cut out the old one and take a smaller bracket adapter and drill into the stock one, but I figured it's way easier to just take 2 thicker screws and save a bunch of headache.

It's honestly a 5 min task to drill 2 holes into the plastic - no one is going to see it anyway. I just used some string foam to eliminate any vibrations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts