Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about purchasing solo new "wake the neighbor exhaust pack" which includes Solo Street race catback and Pypes long tube headers.

Anyone here made this purchase and like it? Pros/Cons. I'm just scared it might sound like my 99 camaro ss that had SLP loundmouth and Pacesetters (Lot of rasp) which I thought was cool 15yrs ago when i was younger.

·
every village has one
2,146 Posts
I have the Mach Shorty unbalanced with boost cats and Kooks LT’s. Bought it in my first round of mods years ago and it’s served me well. I’m in a pretty quiet sub with some old people like me, and it’s not objectionable. Healthy when you get after it, but tolerable. Don’t have a drone at freeway speeds, but you can hear the exhaust. Not being a DD, it never bothers me and the farthest freeway is probably 125 miles or so one way. I talked with Steve about the new Cyclone center replacement section which is supposed to be a bit louder but quieter than the street race version. Problem is sound and volume are so subjective.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I will sound exactly like your Camaro...I know from experience. Was fun for a while but I switched the axle backs to SS mufflers.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
This is all up to you. Do you want loud 100% of the time , or good sound all the time and loud at WOT. My prev car had JBA shorties and Solo cats with a Solo Mach balanced. My new car I went with Kook's Mids and the same Mach balanced system. Different sound. Its just a bit quieter driving "normal" . This is from the closer to equal length headers. On WOT it's way louder then my other set up. The 3" going into the cat keeps the volume and its got a race car rasp just before it shifts. So catless headers and then their loudest exhaust. No one will ever think of yours as a sleeper.

·
Pontiac Crazy
408 Posts
Go with one of the Solo's that has a muffler. Straight pipe is just too loud for all the time, that's why I put electric cutouts on mine, I can open up them up when I want to but not piss off the neighbors every morning when I leave for work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried the Solo 3" race with 2"long tubes and it was almost as loud as open headers. I added a mid muffler from my Stainless Works system I had and it sounds awesome. Solo's J Pipes are great but Stainless Works makes a better X pipe and mid muffler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts